yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V6 3L petrol air pipes from sensor housing to manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 3L petrol air pipes from sensor housing to manifold.

Hello all,

New to the Toyota Surfs.. Had one about 3 days.. HAd a problem already though.. Someone had bodged the air intake pipe between the air sensor housing and the manifold.. It is a total mess and needs replacing with the proper pipe and fitments.. Does anyone please have any idea on how its supposed to look or know where I can get the pipe etc on order? I know I can get one from Toyota, but as I dont know what pipe and fitments are missing or original, was wondering if even someone had a picture of the engine bay on a normal non bodged 3L V6 petrol.

Many thanks in advance..
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Best Regards,

Markie....[/FONT][/B]

Is it the thick ribbed one in this pic. Apparrently not. TOYOTA will stock it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marky; 16 November 2004, 19:49.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Any good, can get closer if you point out which bits you want to see..

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Pics of my bay..

Just a few photos to show what I am confused about.. Only thing missng is a long black tube connecting from the engine manifold to the air sensor housing.. No middle bit connecting two pipes like the picture above. They just had a long pipe..

Any more ideas.. Totally lost, and the hose they put on there is full of splits, so hard to drive it anywhere..

Many Thanks,

Marcus..
        Attached Files

Markie....[/FONT][/B]

Comment

You can get rid of the elbow, its a free flowing intake mod, but the vacuum tank needs to be connected still, plus it'll run like s**t wiith a holed intake tube, and the LPG won't like it.

Looks like you need to get a new intake or make one from PVC gutter fittings and hose.

Comment

Well that info has made me feel a bit better knowing there is some way of fixing the mess..

By the free flowing elbow, do you mean its just something to connect the two pipes? Also, what do you mean the vacum tank still needs to be connected? Dont know what you mean by vacum tank.. Do you mean the air sensor housing bit?

Would be really grateful if you could help me out a bit more.. I will try and do one myself if I can, as the part I ordered from Toyota today is not going to help me, as it is the bit you had in your picture from the elbow to the manifold, but for mine needs it is never going to reach from housing straight to the manifold.

Markie....[/FONT][/B]

Comment

Read though this, it will explain everything..........

http://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/blu_intake/blu.htm

If the ex hadn't kept the V6 4Runner, I'd have done this by now.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Read though this, it will explain everything..........

http://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/blu_intake/blu.htm

If the ex hadn't kept the V6 4Runner, I'd have done this by now.

I've done this mod for my 'runner but have yet (no time!!) to fit it. How the hell your truck runs is a mystery ???? it must run badly. The problem with the standard air pipe is that it really does delay the throttle response time. I reckon you can half the time but doing Corey's pipe mod.
                Is that a Vapour Take off LPG system fitted to yours???
                NO WORRIES!
                Rusty

Comment

Working...
                X