Oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter

The guy who positioned the filter on the 2.7 is a tw@t.

I say is, but he's probably been assassinated for being such a ###### by now.

Jeez...

He must have asked where th suspension guy was putting the suspension, then sthe steering guy where the steering was going, then the driveshaft guy where the driveshafts where going, then placed the filter right in the middle.

Tw@t!

Did I mention he's a tw@t?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

odear andy did you have a problem hope me lights dont cause you so much of a problem hopfully you get them this time
    all done now i presume
    vince
    surfs just steal all ya money

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Jeez...

He must have asked where th suspension guy was putting the suspension, then sthe steering guy where the steering was going, then the driveshaft guy where the driveshafts where going, then placed the filter right in the middle.

Tw@t!

A bit awkward was it Andy.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Didn't get to it in the end. After wasting 1/2hr removing various bits to try to get to it, I gave up and just changed the oil as I was running out of time. (I had a prior engagement I couldn't get out of at 10am)

I'll change the filter next oil change.

I was used to being able to do oil / filter in 20 mins in a lunchtime on the old 3.0. This is somewhat more knuckle scraping!

Wonder if Bushy's got a secret technique?

Comment

Wonder if Bushy's got a secret technique?
          He does, we have opposable thumbs, makes thing so much easier.

I can't remember it being that much of a headache on the ones I've done, but has been a couple of years so might have forgotten.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Where do you remember it being?

Its not that you cant see it, but you sure as hell cant easily get a wrench on it! TBH, it looked doable from the top by removing the airbox, AFM and associated hoses, but I didn't have time for all that faff.

On the plus side, I still have an OEM filter for my next change

Comment

Where do you remember it being?

Its not that you cant see it, but you sure as hell cant easily get a wrench on it! TBH, it looked doable from the top by removing the airbox, AFM and associated hoses, but I didn't have time for all that faff.

On the plus side, I still have an OEM filter for my next change
              I honestly don't remember, not seen one for a least 2 years and only ever done two.

Oooh, have a big sticker job for you, Linda has a new dog van for collecting dawgs for massage and hydrotherapy work and her agility stuff, and she wants 'paw prints' up the side and over the roof.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

is there a removeable panel under the wing, like on the 2.4?
                If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  Oooh, have a big sticker job for you, Linda has a new dog van for collecting dawgs for massage and hydrotherapy work and her agility stuff, and she wants 'paw prints' up the side and over the roof.

Give me an idea of size of print, amount, and how many and I'll sort something out.

Andy, no panel. No point really, it wouldn't help.

Comment

Here is from my mate who used to have a 2.7 3rd gen.

"i used to have the 2.7. i found the best way was to get under the truck and face forward towards the front of the truck. from there i could reach up to the right side of the engine and use a end cap filter wrench or my hand to get the filter off. the only hard part for me was pulling the filter back out without turning it over and spilling all the oil out. good luck."
                    NAS Spec: 95 Defender SW gone but missed

Comment

Top of my to do list. Is 5/30 the correct oil for the beasties?
                      Brian

Comment

Yep. I used Fuchs Titan XTR fully synth. Opie Oils had a deal on it a bit back. £20 for 5 litres. It's gone back up again now, but still decent price for fully synth.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/t-recommen...r-or-bike.aspx

Oil filter is the same for Previa 2.7 if you're struggling to find 4-Runner 2.7 stuff.

Toyota 90915-20003 / 20001 / 03002

TRD 90915-SP020#

Fram PH3614
                        Last edited by Apache; 24 April 2011, 17:52.

Comment

Any idea what the mileage interval is between oil changes on a 2.7?
                          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Jeez...

Tw@t!

Totally agree! Although I did find a removeable panel under the wing on mine, but as you point out it's effing useless. Ended up just changing oil. Used 4L magnatech 10W40 (left over from the ex's Honda HRV) Do you think that'll be ok?
                            Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                            X