Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vzn130 Front Locker

Hi all,

I am in the process of changing the V6 to a 1KZ-TE and when I pulled out the front diff, I noticed there's a diaphragm and a switch mounted on it! What are they for? Anyone knows?

Thanks

could it be some kind of locker I didn't know about?

The van is a 1991 model

Comment

Pictures would help enormously. I'm sure someone will then be able to tell you.
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

this is part of the add system.the solenoid and vacum valve move a fork back and forth inside the axle casing that engages and disengages the drive to the front axle.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

The pic I took is too big to upload and I have no idea how to zip or shrink it!

So you mean that is what happens when you shift into 4wd? The transfer case sends the drive to the front diff, then it's something instead of the manual free wheeling hubs, right?

Comment

Originally posted by skydso View Post
            The pic I took is too big to upload and I have no idea how to zip or shrink it!

So you mean that is what happens when you shift into 4wd? The transfer case sends the drive to the front diff, then it's something instead of the manual free wheeling hubs, right?
            Yup, its how the truck does shift on the fly 4wd, instead of manual hubs.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers ...

Comment

Working...
              X