A few pleas for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few pleas for help

1. I think I have a slight misfire. If I am going about 30ish in 5th and give a bit of throttle it doesn’t seem as smooth as a V6 should be. Was given a gasket which I presume to be a inlet as it has three holes, when I picked up the truck.
    Guy at the garage said it was there when it was PXed.....
    Cant decide whether its missing or just bumps in the road...

2. No aircon. Knew this when I bought it, but was such a bargain I had to get it, even without the AC working. Nothing when I push the switch, not a relay click, LED or engine rev change. The gas was changed about 6 months ago to see if that would cure it. Could it be as simple as the relay?

3. Rear lap belts. Is it possible to get these changed for three point ones?

4. Load cover. can I get one and is it easy to fit?

5. Has anyone fitted an electric aerial? The mounting is inside the wing and that put me off straight away..

6. How simple is it to remove the fabric from above the rear load space to fit an aerial for a two-way radio system on the roof?

Cheers guys in advance, any info is much appreciated
    Johnny

Originally posted by J5C
    1. I think I have a slight misfire. If I am going about 30ish in 5th and give a bit of throttle it doesn’t seem as smooth as a V6 should be. Was given a gasket which I presume to be a inlet as it has three holes, when I picked up the truck.
    In 5th!!! at 30ish??? - no wonder it bumps along - 2 ton at about 1500rpm trying to accelerate - humm try changing your driving style maybe

2. No aircon. Knew this when I bought it, but was such a bargain I had to get it, even without the AC working. Nothing when I push the switch, not a relay click, LED or engine rev change. The gas was changed about 6 months ago to see if that would cure it. Could it be as simple as the relay?

could be done - a Heath Robinson job methinks

speak to HILUX BOB

5. Has anyone fitted an electric aerial? The mounting is inside the wing and that put me off straight away..

6. How simple is it to remove the fabric from above the rear load space to fit an aerial for a two-way radio system on the roof?

NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by J5C

Point 2, no aircon. I know I keep banging on about it ,but check the fuse behind the glovebox first!! (remove glove box and supporting surround)
      www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Points 3, 4 and 5

Point 3
        Mine has 2 3 point belts and only the middle one is a lap belt, so it must come as standard on some models, ask toyota uk (mine is a uk car and it came like that)

Point 4,
        They are like gold dust, I have found a few over the last 2 years (only bought 1 which cost 130), most of the ones I found were from the states and they wanted 250 quid total for them, so sorry you either pay a fortune or cope with out it. I found mine in a scrap yard eventually,
        plus i have seen one for sale on ebay ages ago also. it went for alot.

Point 5,
        Yeah that is really annoying and not easy to do, but thewiring is there so if you can get in the wing then you can hook it up quite easily.
        Cheers
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X