Hi does anyone know what this is?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi does anyone know what this is?...

Hi does anyone know what this is?... (see photo)
    Should it have a valve on it or a tube, should it be bent like this? it suchs air in so im assuming there should be something on it. my 3.0 v6 runs like crap once it warms up a bit, but no overheating, all since it backfired one day. would this have anything to do with it? any ideas much appreciated.
    thanks, David
    Attached Files

when they backfire they can bugger up the airflow meter, it pushes the flap arm over a stop pin and it gets stuck. LPG trucks do it all the time.

that should have a hose on it to, need to find a pic for you.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thats exactly what happened, its LPG converted. Is the AFM fixable when it does that?

If you have a photo of the tube and where it goes that would be so so helpful.

thanks, David

Comment

if you want to electrically test it...

there is some pics of one with the lid off here...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=truckarms

It was showing a different problem to yours, but might be useful.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

AFM test

Cheers Tony I tested the AFM at those points and everything was fine. maybe its something to do with that little pipe sucking in air- is it supposed to have a valve on it or a tube going somewhere?
          Thanks, David

Comment

my pipe like that has a big screw in it blocking it off!!!

I think it originally had a plastic valve (allowed air out but not in as T said) but that got broke or lost.

block it off, if the car still runs rough, i would try the following:

1. check spark plugs and leads are ok
            2. check all valume hoses are hooked up.
            3. check egr (as in disconnect it)

if none of them help then its time to start replacing stuff and cleaning stuff (plugs, distributor, air filter, leads, air intake, throttle body etc)

the US site is very good for V6 info its worth having a look there if you have a specific problem but if you dont know what it is they will tell you to start with the list above.

Good luck, i know what its like when its running rough, my lpg plays up every now and then, so I have got good at checking all the above regularly.

Comment

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/da...06002/0612.jpg

link to picture showing what it looked like on someone elses car. not mine

Comment

Thanks so much guys, you guys are so helpful its unreal. pay a mechanic £30 and he doesnt have a clue. cheers

Comment

If it helps I can take a photo of the engine in my 3:0 V6 Petrol.
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                  X