Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 Handbrake

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any V6 Surfs or 4Runners being broken? I need a handbrake assembly.

Failing that, I've got a sense of humour so if someone would be kind enough to give me a chassis number, etc. I'll ring up Toyota and see how much they want for one.

Cheers.

I can give you a model code : E-VZN130-GKPQE but I’m a bit reluctant to post my vin # on a public forum so I will just write it down and substitute the last four numbers with ‘0’s if that helps: VZN130-8060000

Why do you want a V6 handbrake if you own a 2.4?
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
      I can give you a model code : E-VZN130-GKPQE but I’m a bit reluctant to post my vin # on a public forum so I will just write it down and substitute the last four numbers with ‘0’s if that helps: VZN130-8060000

Why do you want a V6 handbrake if you own a 2.4?
      Because the end of a Lexus V8 is now where my 2.4 handbrake wants to be!

Thanks for that, I'll try my luck with them.

Comment

James, all you need to do is transfer the pulley housing, the part thats in the way, to the other siode of the bulkhead. The hole needs opening up a little, the pulley housing needs a couple of spacers to re-attatch it to the cabin side of the bulkhead and the cable stays in the same place.

Remove the handbrake assembly and unhook the cable from the base of the column.
        Remove the pulley/housing from the engine side of the bulkhead.

Open up the hole so that it becomes a vertical slot. (A little at a time 'till the cable doesn't snag)

Re-fit the pulley housing inside the cab on the bulkhead using the same bolt holes but now with longer bolts and spacers.

Feed the cable back through the pulley and re-attatch to the handbrake assembly.

Re-fit hand brake.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          James, all you need to do is transfer the pulley housing, the part thats in the way, to the other siode of the bulkhead. The hole needs opening up a little, the pulley housing needs a couple of spacers to re-attatch it to the cabin side of the bulkhead and the cable stays in the same place.

Remove the handbrake assembly and unhook the cable from the base of the column.
          Remove the pulley/housing from the engine side of the bulkhead.

Open up the hole so that it becomes a vertical slot. (A little at a time 'till the cable doesn't snag)

Re-fit the pulley housing inside the cab on the bulkhead using the same bolt holes but now with longer bolts and spacers.

Feed the cable back through the pulley and re-attatch to the handbrake assembly.

Re-fit hand brake.
          Ta Vince, does the handle sit much further forward then? If so would it be hard to shorten?

The Toyota dealer near me was dead helpful but the bracket and pulley come to about 30 quid and the handle itself is 65.

Comment

The handbrake itself bolts back in the same position, no need to shorten it.

Thats a good price for a new V6 handbrake though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              The handbrake itself bolts back in the same position, no need to shorten it.

Thats a good price for a new V6 handbrake though.
              Thanks again. Free solutions are the best.

Yeah I was very surprised just by how helpful and willing the guy was, as well as the prices. He found the right year V6 surf in seconds without the VIN and knew the exact part I was talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post
                Thanks again. Free solutions are the best.

Yeah I was very surprised just by how helpful and willing the guy was, as well as the prices. He found the right year V6 surf in seconds without the VIN and knew the exact part I was talking about!
                That makes a change... my local Toyota dealer requires full details just to supply an oil filter
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                X