X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the gang!

Well I bought one. A 3ltr V6 gas-aholic

130,000kms 1993 $5000.

Not sure if I got a bargain or not, but she looks pretty sweet, and runs ok, so I'm feeling ok at the moment. Gonna be getting real friendly with the gas station attendant soon...

Pics to come when I pick her up tomorrow. Please tell me I did the right thing!!

Cheers,

Carl

sounds nice,put sumthin general sectiuon mate,they hardly look here lol

Comment

Welcome to the forum and to this very exclusive sub-section of the forum. Unfortunately there are only a handful of owners with the petrol V6, hence the reason there are so few posts.

I have mine for two years now and it has been very reliable. It needed the head gaskets doing a few months after I bought it.... at least the V6 motor does not suffer the problems that plague the weak diesel 2.4.

The V6 is a smooth, quiet running engine and just happens to be the most powerful of the factory options for the second gen Surf. The only downside is that they are heavy on fuel.... I get around 17 mpg around town, though it is better on the motorway.

The V6 petrol is very popular over in the USA, but of course they enjoy the benefit of very cheap petrol, well compared to the UK anyway.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys I'm gonna put some pictures up in the General section, since no one bothers looking here, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X