New V6 Owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muller1 View Post
    I believe in the fact that it is only but correct to speak of my own experiences and not what "someone else says or thinks"
    My thoughts and experiences are based on MY OWN FINDINGS.
    That exactly right mate,

Its my own findings that the V6 models pop gaskets! ive read a few posts about it both on here and yotatech.

Look whos posted here agreeing with me!

TonyN - Mechanical legend and renowned surf god

PDR - If there had to be one person but in charge of the V6 surf section, I'd would vote for him!

Do a damn search and you will find out FOR YOURSELF that the V6 pops gaskets!!!

Also, while your on the search tab try and find one that says about removing the stick from your a$$

Comment

Dang, never thought asking for a wee bit of advise would open up this bad can of worms!!

Thanks to all of those that have offered advise so far, the answers I were originally after has been provided so far!!

Comment

Bottom line, if you can find a V6 that has had the gaskets replaced (recall) and the paperwork to prove it, then all well and good… if not you will have to allow for the cost of replacing them at some point in the future….. which of course applies to buying a 2.4 except that you only need the gaskets on a V6 rather than a complete new head.

The V6 may be referred to as the 3-slow by our American cousins but it is still the most powerful of all the second gen Surfs, smooth and quiet too.

About the only downside to owning a V6 here in “rip-off Britain” is the low mpg 16-17 and the price of petrol (currently over £4.50 per gallon), but I suspect that fuel prices are considerably cheaper in NZ.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Knight View Post
          Dang, never thought asking for a wee bit of advise would open up this bad can of worms!!
          Its human nature, and generally works fine out in the end. Don't worry about it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I would not wish to continue this as it seems that the tone is getting lower and more insulting as time goes by.
            Answer with some wise remark or suitable answer but I will not be going to visit this again..
            Mike

Comment

I would not wish to continue this as it seems that the tone is getting lower and more insulting as time goes by.
              Answer with some wise remark or suitable answer but I will not be going to visit this again..
              Mike
              I've just re-read your first post in this thread, and I still agree and understand where you're coming from. Chill.

Now sit back and watch this thread drag on a while..

Comment

Mike
                Err, OK. But the only person getting the hump is you.

People have the option to reply to your comments, the same way you replied to others. Just because people don't agree with you, dosn't mean you need to get stroppy. Others have agreed, some disagree, whats the problem?
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Quick question from a newbie, can anyone tell me the diameter of the engine oil filter on the V6 engine and is it the same filter used on the 3.4 engines? I would have posted a new thread but I can't for some reason..

Comment

and i thought i took things personally lolol ps cheers bogus

Comment

s it encouraged me to do things I would not otherwise have done, like changing the stat every five minutes, renewing the rad cap, which didnt look like it needed renewing, doing a silicon oil change on the viscous fan. etc etc.

Bogus [/QUOTE]

Hi mate, im not getting involved in the argument that somebody seems to have imagined, but im intrigued about your post Bogus,

Why would you change the stat every 5 minutes?? or the rad cap.

I just cant seem to figure out a viable reason, is there something i should know about the stats?
                      If you pretend it goes fast... it will!!

Comment

It's an issue on the 2.4 diesels. Keep your cooling system in good nick on the V6 and you should have no worries.

Comment

Working...
                        X