Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing Cold

Hi All

As many of you will be aware of my trials & torments with my V6. Finally everything is running Ok. Except when the engine is running and I am stationary the Temp gauge registers normal and I get a bit of warm air throught the heater. When traveling the gauge returns to the cold position and I get very little in the way of heat through. Any ideas.
    Last edited by MAD MANXMAN; 11 October 2007, 08:12. Reason: update

Duff thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by MAD MANXMAN
      Hi All

As many of you will be aware of my trials & torments with my V6. Finally everything is running Ok. Except when the engine is running and I am stationary the Temp gauge registers normal and I get a bit of warm air throught the heater. When traveling the gauge returns to the cold position and I get very little in the way of heat through. Any ideas.
      There is probably an air blockage somewhere in the cooling system. Do a search on burping the cooling system.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Also might be worth flushing your cooling system.
        I had a mate who mixed the jap coolant with the uk coolant (ones red and ones green I think dont know the details) but they form a sludge.
        the coolant would not flow properly and we got a similar problem to you are getting. It took a lot of cleaning to get it working properly.

Good luck

Comment

I think i've only got water and antifreeze in mine should i have something else
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

sounds to me the stat could be the culprit, as above try a flush and burp
            too much antifreeze can reduce flow aswell.
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Yes stat had broken into two parts in housing, have replace it now the car is all warm and snuggerly !! LOL

Cheers for the advice

Comment

Working...
              X