Hi All Newbie V6 Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jabberwokki
    Hi, i'm now a proud owner of a 3.0L V6 SR5 and I absolutely love it!!!!

Has anyone learnt any tricks to extended the range of the gas guzzler?
    I'm currently getting 250miles in City Driving.

I love this 4x4 too much and don't want to change it for a smaller engine, petrol or diesel. Realistically what's the difference in fuel costs and range between our V6's and the diesels and smaller petrols?
    I seem to get about 10% better economy if I run on 97 instead of 95 petrol. I have put a tank of V-Power on there now to see if that affects it. Not sure if it would work on a UK Runner though, they may have been adjusted to run on 95.

You're probably spending about 10-20% more on fuel than the 2.4TD drivers at the moment with an equivalent loss of range. The big saving they can make, however, is putting vegetable oil in instead of diesel, which you can't do in a petrol one.....

If you do a lot of miles (i.e use it as a daily driver), £2k spent on an LPG conversion would save you a lot on fuel. By having two tanks (one gas, one petrol) you will extend your range too.

And welcome to the fancy pants, high roller, money no object part of the forum

Comment

I tried the 95 vrs 97 fuels a few years ago and yes i got better fuel range out of the 97. but the only times i really noticed the difference was on long journeys, round town the difference was small (say 15 to 20miles per tank) while on the motorway this doubled.
      but LPG is by far the best now, It costs me 37 quid (74ltr) to fill the tank and that does 240miles or so (round town) the equivalent in opetrol would be 63 quid.
      so thats 26 pounds a tank. i fill up every 1.5 weeks on average so I save about 900quid a year.
      The conversion (done by tonyn but i supplied the kit) cost about 1800 in total (had a few problems) and so it will take me 2 years to break even.

Comment

Thanks....

Where did you buy your LPG kit from, and where is your LPG fuel tank located?
        www.furyfighters.com (Advertising & Design)

Comment

I bought the kit from:
          http://www.wtv-uk.co.uk/

and

I have a 90ltr tank where the spare tyre should go under the car.

N.b. a 95ltr tank only holds about 75ltr as you dont enpty it compleatly

Comment

Recall info

HI all,

I am a 1991 V6 petrol owner (US import), and I just picked up there has been a Toyota recall in 2007 on these types of 4runners/surfs because of something with the steering?

Have any of you got any info on this,

Thanks,
            mvsh

Comment

Originally posted by mvanderh View Post
              HI all,

I am a 1991 V6 petrol owner (US import), and I just picked up there has been a Toyota recall in 2007 on these types of 4runners/surfs because of something with the steering?

Have any of you got any info on this,

Thanks,
              mvsh
              Do you like a little bedtime reading ?

Here's thread one with details

And here's thread two

Good luck

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
              X