Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6-Surf

Hi, Everyone.
    Just helped a friend pull down his 92 surf 3VZE, Normal $$$$,blown gasket on right side, front of the head.
    Was pretty easy,block was still good,got heads planned down,new head gaskets for both sides,a couple new sensors,while the heads are off easier to install.
    Now it looks like we have to do the leads, dizzycap,dizzy etc, has a slight miss on startup,seems like a lead to me,once you get out the garage onto the road she is fine. maybe my friend is being a bit paranoid,i had a drive and to me, it goes like a cut cat!!

We also cleaned the throttle body intake with proper cleaner,made a bit of difference,but still misses at startup and low revs.
    which is a pain at intersections,etc.

Anyone else get this problem.
    2.8L Best toymotor engine ever!!

could be as simple as a fubarred spark plug, double check the leads and firing order too.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

more money!!

New leads are a small fortune for the v6,even aftermarket ones,my friend Ben,who owns the surf,was just telling me that when he put a new set of plugs in a while back,he may have buggered a end,after all they are pigs to get of, on the spark plug end.
      We have it narrowed down to number 1 lead or the shortest lead, ben is going into toyota or repco{our budget car shop retailer} to see if its possible to buy just that lead,save some money.

Comment

The stock lead pull out of the cap really easily, it coulbd something as simple as that. Other wise I'd go back and double check all the vacuum lines and try the fault codes as well.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

leads are not too bad, I have had loads of quotes from various places because I had a few problems getting good starks with the LPG.
          In the end I got a set of heavy duty "top gun" leads the whole set cost 73 quid
          check out this post we had a while back

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ighlight=leads

One guy on that thread was offering a set for 20quid or so

On the point of buying just 1 lead I would get a whole set, the difference I found between new and 10year old leads was amazing

Comment

Update

New Lead, dizzy and cap,installed,lead was definitly the culprit,runs sweet know.We took the surf on a 300km round trip, i drove on the way back,what a beast,its a manual,and i never really got out of 4th into 5th,sits on 120kph,pretty nice.
            The only thing both of us noticed was a wobbly arse end,even in hard mode,the front seemed ok.
            So Ben had some heavy duty gas shocks out of a cruiser,lying around,bunged them on almost twice the size diameter than the old ones,beefed it uop quite a lot without the cost and hassle of new springs.
            Overall it costs abit to run,nice ute for towing,plenty of grunt upfront.Dont know if my mates going to pass this one on!!

Comment

Re Leads, Halfords supply a Bosch set for £56 quid

Comment

Working...
              X