Where is the main earth strap located?

I dont KNOW but someone must know
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Main earth strap...?

For what...?

One on each side of the engine bay for the batteries... to the body...

One on the drivers side to the block...

Those are the one I replaced with what can be best described as welding cable... or '0' guage pimpers cable...

There is also one off the starter motor, but to be honest, I haven't bothered with that one yet... Its cut to length and the ends crimped on... just haven't bothered to fit it...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala View Post
        Main earth strap...?

For what...?

One on each side of the engine bay for the batteries... to the body...

One on the drivers side to the block...

Those are the one I replaced with what can be best described as welding cable... or '0' guage pimpers cable...

There is also one off the starter motor, but to be honest, I haven't bothered with that one yet... Its cut to length and the ends crimped on... just haven't bothered to fit it...
        Where does the drivers side one to the block actually connect to the block I have found that mine is not connected just hanging free with a bolt in it looks like the bolt might be from the steering box or should it connect direct to the block.
        I would be very grateful if someone would take a look under the cover bit above the drivers wheel and let us know what to connect it to.

Comment

come on someone please have a look for me,

Comment

I'd say connect it wherever you can on the block for now, and I'll have a look at mine over the weekend, and try to get back to you on monday. ( tinterweb down at home, can only log on from work untill it's fixed)
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Thanks, I'll check here monday

Comment

Originally posted by kenz View Post
                Where is the main earth strap located?
                Kenz you have a V6 listed in your profile so you will only have one battery (like me) so the wiring harness will be different than those with diesel engines.

It would help if you had a picture / photo to ID the cable in question?. I do have my truck with me at work today so I can go and check if you like.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                come on someone please have a look for me,
                Darren, sorry I can’t help as the 3:0 V6 is rather different to the diesel engines.
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I also had one battery when I got it so it's probably the same, this will tech me to tack on the end of someone elses thread and then realise it's in the V6 section I will start afresh, thanks for your help
                  Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X