Clutch question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch question?

I've just had a new clutch fitted but its still a bit notchy going into 1st and reverse and sometimes 3rd gear, can anyone tell me is it the master cylinder or slave or even both I need to replace next? Many Thanks in advance.

Is the fluid level OK? or maybe some air in it and needs bleeding.

Comment

The levels OK, I would have hoped the garage would have bled the fluid as a matter of course but I will try bleeding it anyway, Thanks

Comment

If the fluid is black then the seals are getting weak and a new master and slave will be required .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hi, I've bled the system today and still the same problem (fluid was fine). I heard the next thing I can do is change the slave cylinder 1st because its cheaper than the master cylinder and if it is, problem solved. But the usual problem pops its head up when I go to the local parts shop (shop keeper has a large gasp) and says 3.0 V6 petrol not listed in my book, I then say is it not the same as the 4runner and he says its not necessary the same.

1. Can anyone tell the surf/4runner slave cylinder are the same?
          2. Where can I go to get the part without all hassle online as most only stock diesel model parts.

Thanks for everyones help so far.

Comment

have you tried roughtrax or milners

http://www.toyotahilux.com/ www.milneroffroad.com
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Roughtrax and Milners seem to specialize in diesel models (P&P is expensive as well), I have found a good web site - japarts.co.uk from which I have ordered a slave cylinder, once fitted I hope it will cure my problem or next thing is to order a master cylinder from them.

Cheers Everyone.

Comment

The BRAKE components should be the same as the 4Runner of that year, No matter if its Diesel or Petrol
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X