92 4Runner body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 4Runner body lift

I have a 92 4Runner v6, automatic. I am ordering the 4" Superlift kit for it, but want to fit 35's on it, instead of 33's. The only 1-3" body lifts that I have been able to find are for the manual transmission versions of the 4runner or surf/hilux. Anyone know of any kits for automatics?

Thanks,
    Joe Romero

Originally posted by earthquake5683
    I have a 92 4Runner v6, automatic. I am ordering the 4" Superlift kit for it, but want to fit 35's on it, instead of 33's. The only 1-3" body lifts that I have been able to find are for the manual transmission versions of the 4runner or surf/hilux. Anyone know of any kits for automatics?

Thanks,
    Joe Romero
    The shifter linkage for the auto causes troubles on big body lifts, that why they only list them for manuals.

Go here........
    http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/4x4...yLiftKit.shtml

And scroll down about 3/4 of the page, (well read it all if want, its good stuff) to the bit titled 'What about automatic transmissions'

They only make the brakets up to 3" otherwise the ratio between the lever locator in the center consol, and on the gearbox positions get messed up due to the longer leverage on the shifter.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

PS, you should only need 2" of B/L if your getting 4" of suspention lift to clear 35's.

A lot depends on the wheel backspacing, IFS lifts require less backspacing on the wheels to clear the dropped A-arms, this in will push the wheels/tires out farther from the hub, making tire/body contact, usually on the bulkhead and front bumper, an issue. Popular opinion says that 2" usually is enough.

Try to get as little B/L as possible. up to 2" is OK, any more needs work on wiring, electrics, brakes and water pipes.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Is This High Enough. !!!!!

Originally posted by TonyN
        PS, you should only need 2" of B/L if your getting 4" of suspention lift to clear 35's.

A lot depends on the wheel backspacing, IFS lifts require less backspacing on the wheels to clear the dropped A-arms, this in will push the wheels/tires out farther from the hub, making tire/body contact, usually on the bulkhead and front bumper, an issue. Popular opinion says that 2" usually is enough.

Try to get as little B/L as possible. up to 2" is OK, any more needs work on wiring, electrics, brakes and water pipes.
        Attached Files
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
        X