Rzn185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rzn185

Anyone out there got a 2.7 RZN185? Just wondering where to get service kits, parts, etc??

BTW, just got the vehicle delivered yesterday, after having a 2.4TD for so long this baby blows the cobwebs clean away and I luv it! I'm half way thru' doing the necessaries to the speedo, radio bandwidth expander, etc. but have got stuck on the fogger.

I'm planning taking the power from the loom for the side lights, having identified it, it seems on the lightweight side to take another current? For those who have done the diy conversion, any hints or tips on where to take power from

cheers
    Scuddy

ps...I'll post further info on the RZN185, such as fuel consumption, power, etc, when I get her on the road 'cos there aint that many out there and we need to know

pps.. I was thinking of doing an LPG conversion...overheating..is it a real problem for the 2.7 surf??
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

Originally posted by Scuddy
    Anyone out there got a 2.7 RZN185? Just wondering where to get service kits, parts, etc??

BTW, just got the vehicle delivered yesterday, after having a 2.4TD for so long this baby blows the cobwebs clean away and I luv it! I'm half way thru' doing the necessaries to the speedo, radio bandwidth expander, etc. but have got stuck on the fogger.

I'm planning taking the power from the loom for the side lights, having identified it, it seems on the lightweight side to take another current? For those who have done the diy conversion, any hints or tips on where to take power from

cheers
    Scuddy

ps...I'll post further info on the RZN185, such as fuel consumption, power, etc, when I get her on the road 'cos there aint that many out there and we need to know

pps.. I was thinking of doing an LPG conversion...overheating..is it a real problem for the 2.7 surf??

Thats great, im waiting to know bells and whistles of the new surf things like take offs, the economies and dont forget the differences with 2.4l this like legrooms, comfort etc.(cause i own 2.4L)

Cheers

Benny

Comment

Sailed the MOT

Hi Benny

Surf sailed the MOT today...only needed a headlight adjusting. I've only been able to drive her to and from test centre so not too sure on economy but over the 50 miles or so covered, the needle on the fuel gauge has hardly moved at all.

In terms of power and performance its a completely different vehicle.. There's around 60-65 extra horses under the bonnet, but not that familiar torque in the higher gears.

Contrary to what I have heard, I think the seats are actually more comfortable than my 2nd gen but then they were on the used side. There's more leg room in the back but I think a little less space in the cargo area...but I stand to be corrected. Its wider than my old 2.4 but only by a few inches

On the unexpected plus side, the radio band expander I fitted is working brilliantly...if I can pick up 12 different stations in the wilds of N/E Scotland then it aint all bad. It would have been a shame to bin the top of the range pioneer multi-CD/MD player in there. I don't know if it was just the model of expander I chose but it works fine. Theres a Sat NAV TV/DVD in there too but as no discs were supplied and remote is missing plus the TV is NSTC then I think there's no hope for it other than e-bay in Japan.

The sunroof on the new surf is a big bonus that I didn't have on the 2.4 and it's pretty damned big. All the other electric toys and lights work fine. The only thing I will miss is the adjustable suspension which just isn't here?? Don't know if this is an option that didn't get chosen by Jap owner or what?

Just waiting now for form 386 customs clearance to get her registered and off we go

All in I'm well made up and can't wait to be on the road again

Will let u all know how economy and getting parts goes...first thing is service kit. Shouldn't be too hard as it's same engine as HiAce and 'cruiser Colorado 2.7.

As more 2.7 petrols get over 10 years may be there's an influx of 'em into the country?? Probably depends on reliability, economy and availability of parts

chrs Scuddy
      Look out! Ee

Comment

Good to see you have a new truck Scuddy
        what colour is it?

regarding LPG conversions,
        seems the Autogas+ grant aid has ended now, but that was only for vehicles less than 5yrs old anyway.
        as i was looking into it for our scooby forester, but without grant might not bother
        a guy in blackburn - Knight LPG does conversions.

did you sell your 2.4 in this area?

a
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

New surf info

Hi Andy

The new truck is pearl, not the most popular but it ticked all the boxes I was looking for in terms of toys, etc. Hey, still I like it.

Sold the 2.4 to Paul from Inverness, a fellow forum member...he'd been looking for a manual for a while...said he saw a J reg auto 2.4 at a dealer in Inverness, admittedly in A1 condition but the crook wanted £6500 for it.. thats way more than I paid to import!! There's got to be some money to be made here bringing in 3rd gens direct from Japan to Scotland!!!

Cheers

Scuddy
          Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
            Hi Andy

The new truck is pearl, not the most popular but it ticked all the boxes I was looking for in terms of toys, etc. Hey, still I like it.

Sold the 2.4 to Paul from Inverness, a fellow forum member...he'd been looking for a manual for a while...said he saw a J reg auto 2.4 at a dealer in Inverness, admittedly in A1 condition but the crook wanted £6500 for it.. thats way more than I paid to import!! There's got to be some money to be made here bringing in 3rd gens direct from Japan to Scotland!!!

Cheers

Scuddy
            Hi scuddy

Would you mind to tell us the good reasons of quiting 2.4 Diesel and move to
            Petrol because am still stuck btn Petrol and Diesel
            Either 2.7Petrol and 3.0Diesel KZTE with Intercooler of course I know the petrol is bit cheaper and assume the fuel cost is the same.

Cheers.

BM

Comment

Petrol Surf

Hi Benny

Bits o' reasons for Petrol...1 to be different, 2 'cos of the fuel pricing differential and 3 the option for LPG conversion if prices are to go above the 1 groat coin and stay there. and it's less noisy, I don't off road too often and don't own anything to tow unless i forget the dogs tied up to the rear end.

Just in the process of registering so will advise on economy, etc. Parts may or may not be an issue but 3rz-fe is common platform engine so don't expect too much hassle...for ex. just found a place on e-bay that do oil filters for £5.25 delivered. Now just need to find the air filters but all I need is the Toyota part number off the original
              Look out! Ee

Comment

Working...
              X