Help with power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with power loss

Last week I bought a 1995 hilux surf ssr.g 3.0 v6. I find that the vehicle has very little power and is very slugish up hills . I also have a check engine lite thate comes on shortly after I start driving and I can feel the performance drop just before the light comes on .Can some one help ?

have you tried doing the paper clip diagnostic thing, that should help you figure out why the engine light keeps coming on (do a search for paper clip on here and you should find out how to interagate (spl?) you ecu).
    As for other reasons for power loss, I would check if you have a exhaust problem or air flow problem, when was it last serviced?

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
      have you tried doing the paper clip diagnostic thing, that should help you figure out why the engine light keeps coming on (do a search for paper clip on here and you should find out how to interagate (spl?) you ecu).
      As for other reasons for power loss, I would check if you have a exhaust problem or air flow problem, when was it last serviced?

Had it checked today turned out to be code 52( knock scencor).Mechanic advanced timine to get it to run better until I can have it replaced . thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by matthew
        Last week I bought a 1995 hilux surf ssr.g 3.0 v6. I find that the vehicle has very little power and is very slugish up hills . I also have a check engine lite thate comes on shortly after I start driving and I can feel the performance drop just before the light comes on .Can some one help ?

What is the paper clip test ?

Comment

the paper clip test is where you stick a paperclip into the diagnostic port in your engine and it then makes your engine warning light flash. the patern of the flashes tells you what is wrong.
          There have been a few threads about it do a search for paperclip or try
          http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=fault+codes
          paperclip

Comment

Working...
          X