5 spd Gearbox Common ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 spd Gearbox Common ?

Can anyone tell me if the 5 spd boxes are the same in the petrol and diesel engines, out of interest really. I enquired about a Range Rover V8 conversion, and the guy asked that question. I thought it would be good to know the answer.
    Thanks
    Briles.
    Last edited by Briles; 14 July 2005, 07:37.

There are quite a lot of manuals in the UK cars, but most Surfs seem to Auto's. More of the 89-90's seem to be manual though.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry Tony, that's not what I was asking. I have a 5 spd manual 4runner and know there is a V8 Conversion kit from a 5 spd surf box to Range Rover engine. I am led to believe the 4runner and surf gboxes differ, and that the 4runner is the same box as landcruiser ?
      My engine is goosed, and I would like someone to fit a Range Rover 3.9i V8 if this is possible ?

Comment

Originally posted by Briles
        Sorry Tony, that's not what I was asking. I have a 5 spd manual 4runner and know there is a V8 Conversion kit from a 5 spd surf box to Range Rover engine. I am led to believe the 4runner and surf gboxes differ, and that the 4runner is the same box as landcruiser ?
        My engine is goosed, and I would like someone to fit a Range Rover 3.9i V8 if this is possible ?
        4Runner's have the R type tranny with chain driven Xcase, pickups use a W or G tranny with gear drive Xcase.
        Landcruiser 70 series also have a R tranny and gear xcase, but with both driveshafts on the righthand side.
        A W or G box only holds to some 150hp, while a R tranny can handle up to 300-400hp.

Comment

Originally posted by eurorunner
          4Runner's have the R type tranny with chain driven Xcase, pickups use a W or G tranny with gear drive Xcase.
          Landcruiser 70 series also have a R tranny and gear xcase, but with both driveshafts on the righthand side.
          A W or G box only holds to some 150hp, while a R tranny can handle up to 300-400hp.
          Thanx for thee info m8

Comment

Working...
          X