usa hilux v6 auto help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usa hilux v6 auto help

hi i have just brought a imported lhd hilux. i only have one probleam with it. when it is cold it will only pull away in 2nd and will not kick down in any gear untill i have driven it for about 15 -20 mins this is very anoying. can any one help do i need to changr gear oil? or is the box f**ked

Originally posted by pau1
    hi i have just brought a imported lhd hilux. i only have one probleam with it. when it is cold it will only pull away in 2nd and will not kick down in any gear untill i have driven it for about 15 -20 mins this is very anoying. can any one help do i need to changr gear oil? or is the box f**ked
    Hi Paul1

I have a 3ltTd Auto Surf but I think the same thing applies to all auto Surfs/4Runners. There is an engine temperature sensor tied in with the engine/transmission managment system that will not let the auto box change into top/overdrive until the engine has reached full operating temperature. Mine takes less than 5mins to warm up so if yours is taking 15-20mins then I would check first that the thermostat is working properly and then check the temperature sensor is ok.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
    X