V6 cat-back on a budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 cat-back on a budget.

Just a little cash saving info if you don't wanna pay big money to Toyota for replacing the back half of a V6 exhaust, Milner or Roughtrax don't list them, and had trouble getting one from someone else. So after a bit of measureing I got a 2.4 back section from Milners.

Heres the two pipes....

As you can see, nearly the same, just slightly longer at the front and no small silencer at the back.

Everthing bolts up sweet apart from the longer front end bit, where it fits the cat...

So I chopped of the straight bit off the old exhaust...

Then trimmed the new pipe to the right lenght....

And weld them up....

Had this been my truck still, I would have removed the cat at the same time, and swapped a straight pipe in, but as its going up for sale we decided it ought to stay.

The pipe is the same size as the old one, so I doubt any performance gains, despite not having the rear silencer but it sounds much nicer than the old 2 box system. Its very slightly louder, but a nice fruitier noise, like a quiet V8.

I like it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

WHO'S A CLEVER BOY THEN

I lost my rear box getting stuck in a ditch and reversing out so now the exhaust finishes somewere near the axle. Oh well never mind I thought, Still haven't quite sussed out how to fit my winch to the front of my motor yet though.

Regards and seasons greetings to Linda and Yourself

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X