• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux 1uzfe

Just started working on this

steam cleaned and getting ready for paint

got etched,primed and 2 coats of 2 pac silver

extraction

new timing belt,tensioners and water pump fitted.

Decided to remove the egr so made up some plates out of scrap aluminium.
    As it sits now the engine is ready to go in.Im waiting on a custom adaptor plate and billet flywheel.Will be using the 1uz bellhousing on the W57 box.The plan is to use a transit CSC and the standard hilux clutch as it was recently fitted with an Exedy clutch kit.The same guy whos making the adaptor kit is also making a takeoff plate for the oil filter relocation.

hoping to retrofit the ls400 calipers to the hilux

fuel pump sorted.mitsubishi galant upper plate/cradle with the ls400 lower portion.i made the cradle height adjustable
    Last edited by Paul ssrg; 17 January 2015, 01:18.
    [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Nice...swap?

Comment

Excellent

Mine is such a slow process (which I predicted). But I also want to do a pick-up. But Yoshie has inspired me and I'm on the look-out for a 2 door surf to cut up

Can you share your engine clean up process, please?

Great progress

Comment

Also...where did you get the adapter plate from?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
          Excellent

Mine is such a slow process (which I predicted). But I also want to do a pick-up. But Yoshie has inspired me and I'm on the look-out for a 2 door surf to cut up

Can you share your engine clean up process, please?

Great progress
          im hoping to have this done before June.iv only been at it 2 weeks ive or take.the lack of adaptor plate is holding me up from being able to fab up the engine mounts but im hoping it will move pretty quickly once they arrive.a mate is cnc machining the adaptor plate and billet flywheel.hes also making the mount for the transit concentric slave cylinder
          I just stripped the engine and covered it with degreaser,let it sit for an hour or so them cleaned it all with a karcher steam cleaner.after that it was dried,degreased with panel wipe.Masked,etch primed twice,grey primed twice and then got 2-3 coats of commercial two pack silver

Comment

Magic, cheers

Originally posted by Paul ssrg View Post
            the lack of adaptor plate is holding me up from being able to fab up the engine mounts
            EXACTLY the same issue with me. I need to get the mounts done so I can remove the body and sort the chassis. But the adapter is the hold up.

I'm thinking of making a full polystyrene GB to mimic it so I can crack on.

I bought the adapter plans but they haven't come yet as the person is illusive. Plus a maker of a ready made one in the USA is no not replying. Like someone had a snidey word with him, or something.

My whole project hinges on this adapter and I can't find anything.

Comment

Actually, just managed to track him down. Massive relief and grateful the files exist

Comment

Nice to see more trucks getting the UZ treatment.

I'm doing the same on my rig, though I'm retaining the Lexus's automatic transmission.

Comment

Adaptor plate and custom clutch slave setup.New flywheel utilising standard hilux clutch

Comment

What gearbox is it? My adapter is being made as we speak (R151).

Comment

w57.im having major clearance issues with the steering arm and damper...plus the bulkhead

Comment

after major jigging and re adjusting i have the block in a position im happy with.sump to steering arm clearance is good,as is bulkhead to cam covers....radiator fan to engine is not so good though gonna run dual 9" in push formation instead! Steering damper bracket needs dropping on the chassis and the mount needs to be cut off the steering arm and a relocation bracket made. Manifolds have been modified and exhaust is made as far as the axle....just waiting on some silencers.almost there

Comment

That's looking great! What radiator are you using?

Dan
                          https://galooph.com

Comment

nice, waiting to see it done!
                            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Looking great and impressive progress rate

Comment

Working...
                              X