yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like the '92 has had more sevices.

What condition are the plug leads? If genuine Toyota/Lexus leads they'll have the manufacture date printed on them.

Comment

• They looked great, to be honest. Totally forgot to check the dates though! Also forgot to take pics of the plugs, too. There was a missing bolt on the right ) dist cover...so they may have had one change in their lives. I'll double check the docs.

The 92 is far cleaner all round. None of that mottled texture on the metal you see on others (inc this 93). It'll be much easier to clean. But 93 is still getting cleaned. It's my guinea pig!

10 min job to get at them again Wasn't that this first time

Comment

• So is it safe to say...when I come to pull the first engine I can just refer to zem_41's thread? Looks like solid advice.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80422

Can I get to the bellhousing to disconnect the gear box before pulling...or should I just accept it's an all-in-one jobbie?

Comment

• If you have enough clearance above the lexus ur b fine all in one, keep the hoist hook as close the engine as u can, I had the chain on my hoist on 2 links so it was as close to the arm as possible.
          Good luck
          ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• I have a leveller to make life easier...but that obviously means the hooks and hoist will be far apart from start.

I was planning on dry runs with the hoist to check height. But I'd rather remove engine without the GB as I'm not using it. But I imagine it'll be difficult removing the top bolts.

Comment

• Finally getting a chance to remove one engine from the 93.

So far I've removed the exhaust (CATs still on) and I've loosened the drive shaft bolts as I need to not cut this (can remove these by finger now). Also unbolted the wiring hidden underneath the engine (I believe this is the alternator wiring). I've also removed the steering damper to give more room/reduce thing that are in the way.

So I can disconnect the rubber brake servo pipes (and keep), feed the ECU wires through, disconnect the radiator (remove for ease) and air intake stuff, unbolt the tranny mount (and shifter) and the throttle cable. Also...the power steering pipe work?

What have I missed?

Thanks

Comment

• PS. Are those four bolts, accessible from underneath, the only thing to loosen the engine mounts?

Comment

• It was just 1 bolt each side on mine. Up inside the crossmember, a 17mm head if I remember right. You will need an extension bar on your socket too.
                  Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

• Yep, cheers, I found that Torque wrench made easy work of those.

The four I'd identified were the crossmember's

I've found 2 ground leads and disconnected those (may be more). The cooling and fan is all out and the drive shaft is loosened.

But I now need to work out the best place to disconnect the AC pipework (no pressure in it, it seems) and the power-steering pipework. *scratches head*

Comment

• Can't help there. I made a big mess and my hand was green for a bit.
                      Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                        Yep, cheers, I found that Torque wrench made
                        But I now need to work out the best place to disconnect the AC pipework (no pressure in it, it seems) and the power-steering pipework. *scratches head*
                        Going to tackle this shortly. But I also, obviously, need to disconnect the fuel lines. I'll be looking for the best place to disconnect this also.

Onwards...

Comment

• Going to have to cut through the PS pipe as the fitting is stuck fast.

Same with AC pipe work.
                          Last edited by Sylux; 10 March 2014, 14:55.

Comment

• AC pipework was much easier once I could access the actual unit.

Only PS pipes and fuel lines to disconnect and I can get it out

Comment

• Just cut through the fuel pipes with a knife, you don't need to save them.
                              Remove the banjo bolt from the P/S pump and keep it safe.

Comment

• Yeh, cheers. I had no choice so chopped under the engine, already.

Everything is separated and only the gearbox brace is bolted (loosely). Can't see anything else but there's bound to be a few surprises.

Ready to lift but light is falling and it might rain.

Really want to do it now so will have a play. Have a feeling it'll be a big mission so might have to wait till tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X