yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crank pulley bolts are a paint..

I used the proper Toyota tool, with bit of scaffolding pole.. 2 of us sat on the engine whilst another lifted the scaffolding pole, it still lifted us both, and the engine up before it finally went!

Air tools wouldn't budge it!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

• Yeh, got that off months ago. Ended up jamming a bolt through the flywheel to part of the casing. Came off nicely with brute force. Wasted a canny bit of time with many different tools and techniques.

Torquing it back up will be fun :lol:

Comment

• Vince: Those headers you suggested, a while back, have been sitting in my watch list for months and months. One of the first things I'm going to buy...but just want to make sure:

1: Will they definitely fit (inc Toyota Gaskets)?

2: Will I have to end up wrapping them anyways? I see a lot keep their heat shields of wrap them. Personally I think the wrapping looks nasty

Cheers
        Last edited by Sylux; 21 July 2014, 18:01.

Comment

• They fit perfectly and come with gaskets/nuts/bolts.

The only issue is driver's side header-steering shaft clearance. It's about 1mm away from the wider (convoluted) section of the shaft, but replacing that section with solid bar will sort that out. (A collapsible section to the steering shaft is a bit pointless on a Surf IMO, the force of impact required to collapse it in an accident would kill you long before the steering wheel hit you anyway! )

The flanges just about clear everything as they are, but the downpipes will need to be angled inwards slightly to clear the torsion bars.

Heat wrap is a matter of choice to be honest, I don't really see the need for it as the headers are exposed under the wheelarches anyway.

Comment

• Magic Thanks

So I'd use their gaskets and not the 1UZ-FEs.

I'll have to look into how the hell I get a steering column made up, now

Still, if it was easy...it would be no fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
              Magic Thanks

So I'd use their gaskets and not the 1UZ-FEs.

I'll have to look into how the hell I get a steering column made up, now

Still, if it was easy...it would be no fun

There's a splined joint just under the brake master cylinder and another at the 'rag' joint, just remove that section, (bin theplastic cover) chop out the collapsible part and replace with solid bar the sam diameter as the upper part of the shaft.
              The above will make more sense if you look at your shaft!
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 July 2014, 20:04.

Comment

• No, I understand. I had to fettle with it when I did the body lift.

I'd get it done by a pro as I'd not fancy my welding on a steering column (currently never welded ).

Comment

Vince:
                  Will I have to end up wrapping them anyway? I see a lot keep their heat shields of wrap them. Personally I think the wrapping looks nasty

Cheers
                  i agree that wrapping looks nasty, but i prefer ceramic coating, there is a few places in uk that they do it, and offer great advantages, of my opinion
                  the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• Would be a shame to cover those lovely headers.

Whereabouts does them?

Comment

Would be a shame to cover those lovely headers.

Whereabouts does them?
                      http://www.zircotec.com/ and

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s...ic%2520coating

doe i would go for zircotec, that they allow you to choose colours

Comment

• Just seen their prices!!!!

Next!

Comment

• yes, i forgot to say that you need to sit down before check their prices,
                          doe a friend of mine sent his heathers to USA and its cheaper including postage, but he send it to family there, and back same just to avoid extra taxes

Comment

• Vince - looking at these pictures do you think I'd need to modify the steering?

Cheers.

Comment

• To me...that looks like a lovely distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmc View Post
                                Vince - looking at these pictures do you think I'd need to modify the steering?
                                Cheers.
                                If you fit the Tundra headers?
                                I would say no because your engine sits lower due to the sump modifications.

Comment

Working...
                                X