yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers, boss

That's gorgeous, that. Never would have considered that colour until you posted it the other day. Love it

If I can get as close as possible to your cleanliness I'll be content

Does the over-spray on the alternator not matter? Would make my life so much easier (obviously it doesn't as you wouldn't have done it *blush*).

Also...do you spray your plastics? I might have to on some of mine. Disappointed they have stains.

Comment

• Overspray on the windings won't do any harm. I did think about masking it but that would have been too anal!

If the plastics won't clean up or are stained/scratched, I spray them with the satin black engine paint.
      http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/...FUf4wgodDrEA3w

Comment

• Cheers, boss...you are the man

Yeh...I'd go mad masking the alternator up.

Gonna have to mask the TB if I can't shift those screws.

Comment

• Just two more short things:

1: Is there any worth in removing the casings of the alternator? Or will it all PING apart when opened? I have schematics.

2: Those the Tundra headers you pointed me in the direction of? How they fitting? Can't have anything other than those you showed me now I've seen them. My log type look shite.

Comment

• Modded my pulley holder tool, stuck the rattle gun on the crank pulley bolt...nada.

This ####### aint budging. Is it definitely a anti-clockwise loosen jobbie?

Just going to have to persist...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
              Modded my pulley holder tool, stuck the rattle gun on the crank pulley bolt...nada.

This ####### aint budging. Is it definitely a anti-clockwise loosen jobbie?

Just going to have to persist...

Yup, anti-clockwise. (Lefty loosey)

Sounds like you're gonna have to plug the starter wiring back together and dab the wires onto a battery to loosen the crank bolt. (Been there, done that!)

Comment

• Any mileage in leaving some tension on overnight?

Comment

• Yeh, I'm going to hang some weight on it over night

Vince, what will this actually do (the starter technique)? Is the starter wiring not part of the second smaller loom? That's still on as I haven't removed the lower air intake, yet.

Presumably all my paper towels will come flying out of their holes!

Comment

• Test!

Comment

• WTF!!!

Comment

• Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.
                        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What's going on?
                        Just tried to post my (big) reply and I get the above message on my screen.
                        Is there a word limit in posts?

Comment

• Ah, man...a long post had to have been packed with good info

I don't think there's a word limit here. I ramble on and on and always get the post published.

Comment

• Edit...I see a pm...

Comment

• Cheers for the explanation, Vince

Maybe the above error was a coincidence in you posting and there being a db error.

Comment

• Still can't access here without going through a proxy. WTF is going on?

Anywho...

I tried the starter technique from Vince's PM. But as I had direct access to the SM (just had to remove inlet manifold) I connected straight to the correct bits.

Starter worked...but nothing moved. Blonde moment...I'd forgot to put the flywheel back on!!!!

But once on it really didn't make any difference to the nut. Just twisted the mounted engine rather than fully on the breaker bar.

So it's going to be a case of letting WD40 eat it's way through over time. PITA.

On the plus side...a quick wipe shows the SM is going to clean up nicely

By the way...remember my comment on how the leaves and mess, under the inlet manifold, looked like a nest?

Well, it was! There was bird droppings all over! You can see the stains in this pic:

Comment

Working...
                                X