Thanks growler
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Thanks

Thanks Vince , top man , take care.
        No king of England is not king of France

Comment

• Hey Vince how's things?
          I have buzzed out all the wires in the multi-plug on the left of the gearbox, all are good to the ecu apart from one white one in one of the corners of the multi plug, any ideas where this one should go?
          Thanks buddy

Comment

• There's your problem then, that white wire is for number two solenoid.
            Obviously there is a break somewhere, it could be the where the wire enters the plug rather than in the loom, so unplug the connector and check continuity between the pin in the plug and the wire going into it.

Comment

• Ok buddy will do
              Where in the ecu plugs should I be looking for that one?
              Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                Ok buddy will do
                Where in the ecu plugs should I be looking for that one?
                Cheers
                I thought you had buzzed all the wires???
                The largest ECU plug, (34 pin) pin number 17. It's the only white wire on that plug.

Comment

• Yeah I found all the others but that one I couldn't get continuity from ecu to plug on any white ones.
                  Cheers

Comment

• Is this the kiddie? If so there's no continuity from the plug on the left of the gearbox to this plug at the ecu. Also the cable at this end is about twice the size of the one at the gearbox
                    Thanks

Comment

• Pic

Pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is this the kiddie? If so there's no continuity from the plug on the left of the gearbox to this plug at the ecu. Also the cable at this end is about twice the size of the one at the gearbox
                        Thanks
                        Yep, the white wire at the largest ECU plug goes to the multi-plug on the left of the gearbox. That multi-plug is the signal wires to the gearbox solenoids.
                        The wire is thicker at the ECU End as it used to go to the cruise control system as well.

Comment

• Hang on, just seen your photo. Your wire colours are different. I'll check my diagrams and get back to you...........

Comment

• Right, you seem to have unique wire colours on that 34 pin plug, none of my diagrams on the CD have that sequence of colours.

You need the wire, whatever colour it is, on pin number 17 and make sure there's continuity between there at the white wire at the transmission plug.

If you look closely at the back of the plug, you will see tiny numbers at the begining and end of each row of pins/wires. Number 1 is on the top right and each row reads from right to left.

Look at the modified photo below, no. 1 wire is at top right and no. 17 wire is two wires below that.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Ok cool
                              I have been through the whole 34 pin plug at the ecu while the meter was connected to the white wire at the plug at the t/case and there's no continuity with any of the wires in that plug, so would it be ok to run another wire between the white wire at the t/case and the wire in pin 17 ?
                              Cheers

Comment

Ok cool
                                I have been through the whole 34 pin plug at the ecu while the meter was connected to the white wire at the plug at the t/case and there's no continuity with any of the wires in that plug, so would it be ok to run another wire between the white wire at the t/case and the wire in pin 17 ?
                                Cheers
                                T/case???

Yes, run a new wire from the ECU to the solenoids plug.
                                This is the plug/socket you should be checking..........
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X