Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent!

Fold the mirrors in, makes the truck more aerodynamic for towing.

Supposed to be dry and sunny all day here tomorrow, so far they have got the weather right for the past three days.

I'll PM my phone number.

Comment

• Thank you again Vince for the help the other day, was a pleasure meeting you and I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me, you truly are the wiring wizard.
      Was great to see where all the magic happens although you must have the biggest garage with the least amount of space I have ever seen!
      Gonna finish up tidying the wiring today so will post a video of the truck running a bit later.
      Thanks
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Ok so got all wired up and took for test drive, it seems to be changing up gears too quick so no real power, if it's in L then it seems ok ?
        I have adjusted the gear box cable fully, now if I put my foot flat down at a stand still it seems to stay in 1st till around 3500 rpm then changes up, but if I'm rolling and put my foot down it seems to go straight into 2nd and builds up slowly

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
          Ok so got all wired up and took for test drive, it seems to be changing up gears too quick so no real power, if it's in L then it seems ok ?
          I have adjusted the gear box cable fully, now if I put my foot flat down at a stand still it seems to stay in 1st till around 3500 rpm then changes up, but if I'm rolling and put my foot down it seems to go straight into 2nd and builds up slowly

Gearbox cable shouldn't need adjusting.
          It should be quite slack i.e. no tension on the inner cable at all. If it's too tight then it will affect the shift points as the cable controls the line pressure of the ATF.

Is the 4WD working?

Comment

• Ok cool I will slacken it off a touch, I read on here somewhere that the little marker on the cable should be just showing? Is that accurate?
            Yes 4wd is all good thanks buddy
            Tried to upload the video but it won't let me :-(

Comment

Ok cool I will slacken it off a touch, I read on here somewhere that the little marker on the cable should be just showing? Is that accurate?
              Yes 4wd is all good thanks buddy
              Tried to upload the video but it won't let me :-(
              Yeah there's a little rubber 'blob' on the inner cable, this needs to be just poking out from the outer cable.

You'll need to upload the video to Photobucket or similar, first.

Comment

• So I have slackened it off now so there's about 5mm slack before it starts to pull from the g/box, it's still the same, ok from a stand still but if I'm rolling and I floor it, it sort of goes straight to the highest gear no matter how far the throttle is pushed down.
                Could it still be the cable position?
                Thanks

Comment

• ECT on or off?
                  Pull the yellow fuse to reset the ECU.

Comment

• Have tried with both on and off still feels the same as if there's no kick down, checked that the throttle cable is pulling all the way and that seems ok, it seems it changes up gears as soon as it can, so the truck goes faster but the revs don't go above say 1500.
                    Will try the reset in a bit as I just found that the rubber damper locator pins on the steering column are catching on the manifold, gonna take it out.

Comment

• OK, does the speedo work?

Have you checked ATF level? (Engine idling)

Did you check that the speed sensor, the one you have to drill the hole for, is actually putting out a signal when the rear wheels or transmission output shaft are turning? (Remember you had a code 42)

Do you have a digital multimeter?

Comment

• Yeah speedo works, just checked the speed sensor and I seem to have 0.74 volts on both sides which is constant. Re adjusted the speed sensor slightly so it is as close as it can go without hitting, reset the ecu and the prob is still there, will check for codes tmrw.
                        Thanks Vince

Comment

• Thinking it could be a faulty sensor?
                          Got the oil pressure switch working, so I can connect the fuel pump up now, I had a wire in the wrong position:-/
                          what did we do to get the fuel pump working Vince?
                          Will check ATF in the morning too.
                          Thanks buddy

Comment

Thinking it could be a faulty sensor?
                            Got the oil pressure switch working, so I can connect the fuel pump up now, I had a wire in the wrong position:-/
                            what did we do to get the fuel pump working Vince?
                            Will check ATF in the morning too.
                            Thanks buddy
                            We connected that thick red wire to ignition 12v so thst the pump came on with the ignition.

Comment

• Yep just remembered cheers
                              Is there any way of testing the speed sensor?
                              Thanks

Comment

• Fingers crossed for you getting this sorted

Comment

Working...
                                X