Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looming trouble

Hi all
    My 2.4 td 1993 auto is finally on its way out with lots of smoke out the back and oil underneath!
    I'm seriously thinking about a v8 conversion, I have my eye on a lexus s400 96 auto with 76k on the clock.
    On reading many posts on here Im sure the gearboxes will marry, with the mod of the lexus output shaft. What Im unsure of is now the ecu's are then merged together? I think I read a post somewhere that said bushwhacker may be able to help, is this accurate?
    Also are all the 1uzfe engines front sumps?
    I already have a 2 inch body lift, will I need to mod anything else? Apart from the mounts and the handbrake cable? Prop shafts maybe?
    Many thanks
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

The Soarers (SC400) have rear sumps and won't clear the front diff in a Surf.
    LS400s are front sumps.

Not seen a modified Soarer sump in a Surf before, as it's easier to just fit the LS400's sump and mounting flange.
    Soarers have a different oil filter mount which clears the Surf's chassis rail, the LS400's doesen't.

Both type sumps are just pressed steel, so it's no big deal to chop and modify them if you're handy with a welder.

Comment

Working...
    X