No announcement yet.

Engine rebuild / replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close to fitting the engine in to the Surf now, seem to be missing some stuff though or at least it looks like it, in the attached pics, the timing belt cover looks as though there has been something pressing or rubbing against it in two places, the first one is where the opening for the camshaft is at the top and the second one is where the opening is for the nut on the injector pump, is this normal or have I forgotten to add something?

Also the pic of the exhaust manifold side of the engine, there seems to be a big gap (a lot of space) between the cylinder head and the turbo, have I missed something here?

And finally, does everything look ok on the inlet manifold side of the engine?

Oh, and by any chance does anyone have 5 of the bolts that hold the timing belt cover in place going spare please, just to save me making some.

I know the air con pump and crankshaft balancer still needs to go on, just wanted to check the rest first.

Thanks in advance for the answers
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post

Also the pic of the exhaust manifold side of the engine, there seems to be a big gap (a lot of space) between the cylinder head and the turbo, have I missed something here?
      There's a pair of metal pipes that run from the bulkhead heater hoses to the front of the engine missing. They bolt to the engine with 2 x 12mm bolts.

Comment

ok, thanks. Thats something to check next time I'm in the garage.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X