Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Vince.. (stand alone loom query)

Hi Vince,

I've got a mate who has been offered a 1996 ls400. He's talking about buying it and getting a project car to put it in later (not a surf)

I'm sure I remember you saying you sell stand alone wiring looms so told him I'd ask how much ? - He was asking if the management stuff still works on it ? (diagnostics / engine check light)

Funny - he's got me thinking about getting a mk3 capri and doing the swap

Cheers,
    Rob

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    Hi Vince,

I've got a mate who has been offered a 1996 ls400. He's talking about buying it and getting a project car to put it in later (not a surf)

I'm sure I remember you saying you sell stand alone wiring looms so told him I'd ask how much ? - He was asking if the management stuff still works on it ? (diagnostics / engine check light)

Funny - he's got me thinking about getting a mk3 capri and doing the swap

Cheers,
    Rob
    Hi Rob, I've been looking at Capris too.

I need the complete engine loom here to modify, plus the fourth plug on the ECU thats NOT part of the main engine loom, but I need it as it contains most of the ECU's power wires.
    I don't need the ECU here.

Yes the diagnostics will still function, and I include an engine check LED on a long cable to mount anywhere in/on the dash.
    A fusebox and relays will be added to the loom, with wiring long enough to mount inside the car or in the engine compartment.

Everything just unplugs from the engine/transmission as a complet item and each sensor/component has it's own designated socket and the loom is 'shaped' so it can't be re-fitted incorrectly.
    I have a spare V8 here now that I use to test the looms.

Price is £120. I pay for return shipping which is approx £12. each way.

Cheers.

Comment

Brilliant - Thanks Vince.

I've copied and emailed your reply to him.

I gave my old capri away for £200 back in 1999 (didn't have anywhere to store it off road at the time)

Cheers,

Rob.

Comment

My first car was a Capri (back in 1991). Wrote it off. But it was gorgeous.

My second car was a Capri. It was shit and fell apart.

I loved my Capri and this Surf is the first car I've loved since.

Happy memories.

Comment

Right Vince He bought it at the weekend and is dropping off the loom to me tonight,

He said it might have been altered for the lpg but not sure. He's not going to use lpg on it so I guess it's just chop any odd bits off ?

Is it still paypal to your febsnowman address ?

(my internet is down so can only connect at work (daytime) for the next few days)

Cheers,
          Rob.

Comment

Right Vince He bought it at the weekend and is dropping off the loom to me tonight,

He said it might have been altered for the lpg but not sure. He's not going to use lpg on it so I guess it's just chop any odd bits off ?

Is it still paypal to your febsnowman address ?

(my internet is down so can only connect at work (daytime) for the next few days)

Cheers,
            Rob.
            Excellent!
            Make sure he includes the fourth ECU plug, it's not part of the main engine loom so just chop the wires leaving three or four inches of wires coming from it.
            I'll delete anything to do with the LPG then.
            I don't need the ECU by the way, just the part number (89661????)

febsnowman@talktalk.net

Cheers.

Comment

I'll let him know - will paypal tomorrow.

Thanks,
              Rob.

Comment

Hi Vince,

Payment sent, loom in a box ready to send - can you send your address to me I can't find it.

Cheers,Rob.

Comment

Thanks Rob.
                  I've included my address in the reply to your E-mail.

Comment

H Rob,
                    Loom arrived today but no fourth ECU plug!?

This plug is part of the dash loom so it gets left behind when the main engine loom is pulled through the firewall. Just needs to be snipped off leaving enough wiring to solder my wires to.
                    Cheers.

p.s. It's a dark grey plug with 28 terminals.

Comment

Oh blimey - I'll chase it up.

Cheers,
                      Rob.

Comment

Right just had a word with him.

I thought he bought the whole car but he has actually bought the ecu, loom, gearbox and engine.

He said he thought there was 4 connectors on the loom where the ecu fits ?

But no probs if it's not there he'll get back and chase up the other connector..

Cheers,
                        Rob.

Comment

Right just had a word with him.

I thought he bought the whole car but he has actually bought the ecu, loom, gearbox and engine.

He said he thought there was 4 connectors on the loom where the ecu fits ?

But no probs if it's not there he'll get back and chase up the other connector..

Cheers,
                          Rob.

OK, no worries.

I think I have a spare 'fourth plug' here somewhere if he has no luck.

Comment

Thanks Vince - I'll let him know..

Blimey Capris don't come cheap these days do they ?

Rob.

Comment

Hi Vince,

He's going back to pick up the plug this week so I should get it next weekend. Can you use one of your plugs for now and I'll get it posted as soon as I get it ?

Sorry about messing you about a bit.

Cheers,
                              Rob.

Comment

Working...
                              X