1kzt-e Conversion Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1kzt-e Conversion Woes

Just joined the forum because very few in the US have done the 1kzt-e conversion.

My problem is with my KZN185 from a LC prado with R150 -> my 91 (formerly v6) Pickup. After months of tinkering with this thing and pouring through wiring diagrams, and tons of online searching, I'm officially stuck. The mechanical side of things was pretty easy, and because my donor was originally LHD the wiring didnt need to be extended. However, there were several things that made this a non standard swap:

Wiring harness had been modified, and some connectors(believed to be body related) were cut.

The ecu was an Immobilizer equiped version, and the sensor, key, and amplifier were included, but I had to source the module itself from a salvage yard in germany.

I didn't recieve the lift pump, so I just picked up a housing/filter assembly from a GM w/duramax

Glow plug relay is wired up to a momentary manual button. (plugs are verifed functional)

I can get it to start up after 8-10 seconds of cranking, excessive white-grey diesel smelling smoke which gradually increases until it fires up, for about 2-3 seconds then immediately shuts off. Mechanical tiiming is correct(pulleys all aligned correctly), has fresh fuel, but I'm not sure what else to try. Would the immobilizer module need to be programed, or is it just the key and the sensor that need to match? Is there something simple that I'm overlooking? I'm also missing the fuel temp sensor because it was broken in shipping, but surely that shouldn't prevent it from starting?

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

Check all the earths are good as a starting point, then explore the immobilser route
    Brian

Comment

Excessive White smoke is quite often timing. As Yishie has said though check the immobilisor out.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi everyone
        move got a 1kz te engine that I’m putting in my mk3 hilux and I’ve pulled the 2.8 engine out and the engine side Bellhousing is different to the 1kz does anyone know where I could get a Bellhousing that will fit. The gearbox is a g52 and obvs the engine is 1kz te
        any help would be much appreciated

Comment

I don't have an answer but maybe consider an R series gearbox and the proper 1KZ-TE bellhousing. I have doubts the G52 box is suitable for the 1KZ-TE.

Comment

Working...
          X