Lexurf IX......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf X

Unfortunately not. Hopefully it will be my Gen 2 KZN130 in January.
    Hows IX coming on Vince?

Comment

• Is it done? Not heard about 9 for a while
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

• Yeah sorry.
        It's been on stop due to the ECU not 'seeing' the security key, so it's basically finished apart from not running!

Got a stand alone engine management system to install now, specifically for the VVTi V8, which does away with the standard Lexus ECU and can be custom mapped by connection to a laptop particularly if a supercharger or turbo is added later on.

It comes with a 'get-you-on-the-road' basic map and 1BAR map sensor, so no need for a rolling road session.
        The diagrams are good, but a a little 'universal' so I'm waiting for confirmation from Spitronics re; the crank sensor, so I don't want to apply any voltages to the new ECUs yet.

The Lexus specific VVTi kit:

Two ECUs, one for the coils (spark control) and the other for fuel control, even has an optional launch control output.

Note the size comparison to the standard Lexus ECU!!

Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 6 December 2012, 02:13.

Comment

• How many pennies and where from?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• http://www.spitronics.co.za/cms/index.php

It's roughly £300 delivered (no customs fee asked for.........yet)

This kit is VVTi specific so not shown on the website, and is for engine control only. (manual gearbox on this truck)

Comment

• I've e-mailed them a few times, never managed to get a reply (so far). Did you just contact them via their site?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                I've e-mailed them a few times, never managed to get a reply (so far). Did you just contact them via their site?

Yes.
                It took them three days to reply though. Nanet is the person I dealt with.

Nanet Pieters
                Tel: 012 342 7119
                Fax: 086 575 6785
                Email: nanet@spitronics.co.za

Comment

• Cheers! I'll call them (from work ) on Friday. I have plans for IV...

Comment

• FYI there was an additional charge of roughly £40, but bargain all in all.

Comment

• Ahhhhh dont like electronics. As they have supercharger map capabilities, you know what you must do kwakka.
                      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

• http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...all_omega.html

‘Well, I came by a 1993 4-litre Lexus V8 engine and was left wondering what to do with it,’ explains Ole. ‘I spent ages thinking about it before deciding to slot it into an old Omega. Not many people realise the Omega has a very low drag co-efficient [0.28Cd], making it ideal for big speeds while remaining comfortable. And for me it isn’t a car if you have to trailer it, so I’ve driven it here and I’ll drive it home again.’

He’s brought the mega Omega to the Papenburg test track in northern Germany, just over the border from Holland. As test tracks go it’s massive, and as with similar venues the world over, security is high. Manufacturers use these places to develop new products and therefore photography and filming are banned in case we capture some new secret car that we’re not supposed to. Today, however, we’ve circumvented this issue by employing a chaperone, effectively one of the test track’s workforce who must be present every time we whirl a camera, which means that if we’ve got one in the car, poor Ann-Caterine has to be in it too.

The high-speed circuit we’re using today features a pair of 4km straights, five lanes wide, connected by some of the most fearsome banking I’ve ever seen. It rears up at 49.7 degrees from the horizontal and, as Ole has just demonstrated, can be driven with no hands on the wheel at 250kph (155mph), a speed the monstrous motor delivers without even breaking sweat.

That’s not really surprising considering the amount of work that’s gone into this engine. Only the block and camshafts have remained standard; everything else has been either replaced or modified. The pistons, for instance, are bespoke items made by Cosworth. Even the Vortech supercharger has been heavily uprated to run reliably at 1.65bar of boost. The result is an astonishing 1005bhp at 7400rpm and 744 lb ft of torque at 6700rpm.
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

• Do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                            Do it.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...light=vauxhall

Comment

• You keep puttin' 'em in, I'll keep reminiscin'...

Comment

• I've got 8 shiney supra injectors now

originals according to lextreme are rated at 251cc a piece
                                the supra ones will be good for 315cc or 508hp

Appy days!

Comment

Working...
                                X