yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 4runner/ 1995 sc 400 1uze/a341e auto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 4runner/ 1995 sc 400 1uze/a341e auto.

Hi everyone,

I have been researching and lurking about and I have to say that out of all the forums this one is the best as far as complete and detailed info on the swap I am about to start. Some other forums almost get you there but then stop just short of the important info that your are trying to figure out.

Anyway the one called "Vince" is a freaking rockstar in my book. I feel like I already know you guys from reading all of these threads for the last few months. Lexurf 1 thru 8, all just awesome in there own ways and I aspire to eventually see the day when that rumble comes alive in my truck.

I live in the state of florida across the big pond from you guys and have followed a couple successful builds over here but it seems to me you guys are really mastering this swap.

So enough rambling, I have acquired most the big components (truck, engine w/ auto tranny) and I am currently sourcing the transfer case. I want to keep the ADD, but I know the issues that my auto Hydraulic (a340h) transfer case will cause me and I want to stick with the lexus auto. I will need a passenger side drop case, and I have seen two different cases (besides my power hogging hydraulic case) which I think all came behind a manual transmission. First one is manually shifted case that I see alot. The second one has a cover plate over the hole where the shifter would be and on the back of the case is a motor? I think this electric motor engages 4 high and 4 low, hence the deleted manual shift. Here comes the big question, I want to keep my stock auto pistol grip shifter (no boot) to engage 4 high and 4 low, can this be done or is the only option, one auto shifter for the transmission and one manual shifter for the transfer case?

Again I am not sure of the purpose of the motor on the back of the tranny and any info on these would be a great help. Thanks. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/images/icons/icon6.gif

Patrick

im guessing you have a 4 runner not a surf. the easiest way for you being in the us is to use the VF1A transfer case from a 4 runner/ 88 to 95. it will bolt straight on and is a manual shift. it can be used with a twin stick if needed.

the add can be modified (theres a write up from bushwhacker here) - that set up will give you a foolproof 4wd with no electrics to go wrong.

have a chat with the guys from http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/ - they are spot on and will answer any questions you have.

Comment

Ok,

So yes I have a 1995 3.0 auto 4runner not a surf, (I need to update my profile). So what is the difference from a VF1A and a VF2A and which one has the small electric motor on the back of it, also, what is the purpose of this motor? Is it possible to keep my original two pistol grip auto levers (keeping the interior original as I can)? Again these are the original two sticks that operate the transmission and transfer case. I really don't mind the electrics because of convienece, getting out of the cab to lock my hubs....etc.. I won't be doing any serious 4wheelin, I am doing this swap mainly for more power on the highway and for towing.

Thanks.

Patrick

Comment

D'oh!!!

Let me first correct my year, I own two 4runners one is a 1995 (DD) and the patient car for the swap is a 1993.

also, Will these transfer cases bolt on the back of a 19995 Lexus a341e without a inchworm adapter plate? I know about the output shaft swap/cut.

Comment

you don't need manual hubs when running a manual shift t/case. the modified add will free wheel the hubs until the 4wd is selected.

yes the VF1A will bolt on to the lexus box without an adaptor. so does the electric shift type from a surf but you need all the electronic gubbins to make it work.

as i said contact inchworm - they will tell you what fits and what doesn't. the information i am giving you came from them.

Comment

Thanks Gary,

Thanks for the info. I talked to Jim at inchworm and confirmed a couple things that I was unsure of. The final combination of components are going to be, a341e trans with the a340h tail housing and hydraulic transfer case (passenger side drop). I know this is the difficult way to go, but, this way I can keep my original auto shifters and still be able to shift to 4wheel drive on the fly. If anyone else has done this tranny combo and has anything they would like to share I would really appreciate the wisdom. thanks.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
            X