LEXURF III oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEXURF III oil change

Hello Vince, long time since I last chatted to you,hope you and yours are well, III is still doing fine, rumbling about at low revs and roaring like a T Rex when I stand on it, and thats quite often, lol. I thought it was about time I changed my oil "bit overdue" I hear you say, yea I should have done it a long while back, anyhow I have the oil and replacement filter, but wondered as my oil filter is quite high up in the engine bay should I undo the bracket and let it drop down when filling up with new oil or will any air be pushed through no problem ?
    I see you are still creating great looking trucks,
    PS . I still aint painted that wing,, lol.
    Last edited by 3 LIONS; 17 December 2011, 08:43.
    No king of England is not king of France

Hi Simon, glad to hear it's still burning the unleaded OK, still setting off car alarms?

When I originally filled the engine with oil, the filter was attached to the inner wing like it is now. There won't be any air introduced, but re-check the oil level after letting the engine run.

And treat that truck to a complete re-spray in the new year!

Comment

Thats great Vince, so just change the filter and fill up with new oil (5w30 semi synth). Yea she still sets of the odd car alarm,infact I pulled out of the filling station near by (about 1/4 mile away) and had to stand on it a bit cos traffic was shifting along so didn't want to get caught out half way accross the junction and when I got home my lad said to me "I could hear you pull out from garage, it sounded like an Apache chopper approaching", well loud exhausts save lives is what i say, have a good one mate and keep up the top work. Thanks.

Comment

Mot

Hey Vince , just wanted to tell you LEXURF III got it's MOT again with no problems im ok now til 07/2013 , I tried to PM you but it's more likely you will see this post. By the way I finaly sprayed that wing but couldn't get the exact effect, nearest orange I could get was Ford Focus ST paint , I re fitted my mufflers too cos one of the pipes in had cracked, not that I noticed too much !! I also slash cut the downturns I fitted last year.
        Take care mate

Comment

Working...
        X