Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Ah, but if there is one thing beloved by a Vince, it is taking things that have no right to be glossy and shiny and making them gleam...!
    That definitely is one of the Professors attributes

Vents are RS Focus replicas. These are meant to be the 'finished, ready for paint' version. Thank goodness I didn't go for the unfinished version.

Yet again, Vinces skills leave me speechless.
    Great to see all the vacuum gubbins cleared out from the engine bay. Really cleans it up

Comment

Radiator cleaned, serviced and painted.....

Transfer case ready......

Fuel cap has a new identity..... (don't want you pouring that smelly oil into the tank!)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Fuel cap has a new identity..... (don't want you pouring that smelly oil into the tank!)
        Nice touch Vince!
        The Surf was the first and only diesel I ever owned. Although I never got caught out I did come close to filling it with go-go juice a few times.

Rad seems to be in good condition. Looks fantastic now

Comment

The rad looked in good condition, but when I cleaned out the fins with an airline, the garage was full of black dust!
          As you can see in the photo above, all clear now.

Comment

So vince, how long before we can hear this beast raw.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Can't show Gary too much at once, or he'll get the bends!

Comment

Can't show Gary too much at once, or he'll get the bends!
                How ironic for you to suggest that when Henry's Law is exactly what leads to the condition

You are right though! To much excitement approaching D-Day may lead to a few runs in the chamber on the O2
                Last edited by GBV8; 27 September 2011, 22:21.

Comment

Am enjoying the new avatar Gary. Are you getting the "check for new pics every time you wake up" thing yet? Or was that just me?! That Vince - he's such a tease...

Edit: just realised I have just done what I used to hate - made you think there is new stuff in the Lexurf post, only to find that it is just from some punter, and not the Prof... Sorry
                  Last edited by flounderbout; 5 October 2011, 11:31.

Comment

This project looks awesome.....oops....did I make Gary look again?? My bad......

Comment

just realise I have just done what I used to hate - made you think there is new stuff in the Lexurf post, only to find that it is just from some punter, and not the Prof... Sorry
                      Originally posted by Voodoo-Child View Post
                      This project looks awesome.....oops....did I make Gary look again?? My bad......
                      LMAO, I know what you mean Henry. I usually have a look first thing in the morning as I know 'The Prof' likes to operate late at night with the updates.

Comment

Vince

excellent work yet again, Gary is going to be a very lucky boy.

I would certainly have considered this on my 3rd gen but circumstances and the availability of the new beastie (one I have always wanted) kinda took over.

still a bit envious tho'

hawaii
                        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

My steering rag joint mod. 3" dia. 5mm thick steel plate drilled to suit and placed on top of the existing flexible part. I changed the bolts for longer ones after this photo was taken.

Re-positioned steering damper....

Made a gasket for the remote oil filter plate, wasn't happy with just Hylomar on the mating surfaces. 'Sharpend' two sacrificial sockets to use as wad punches........

Re-furbished/painted brake calipers, discs, chassis, wishbones and dampers. Goodrich braided brake lines fitted.... (calipers are gold Smoothrite by the way, they look better in the flesh)

Also had some second hand, Warn free wheeling hubs to fit, but they didn't!

Comment

Oooohhhh, all clean and shiny! I likey a lotty

Can't wait to see it all in the flesh

Shame about them manual hubs

Is that the 1/4" gap you mentioned in the last pic Vince, behind the black bit of the warn hub and the truck's hub flange?

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                              Oooohhhh, all clean and shiny! I likey a lotty

Can't wait to see it all in the flesh

Shame about them manual hubs

Is that the 1/4" gap you mentioned in the last pic Vince, behind the black bit of the warn hub and the truck's hub flange?
                              Yep. It's not recessed in the back enough to push it all the way on. The back of the hub touches the large bearing nut.

The Roughtrax hubs are hollow to allow different lengths of hub splines.

Comment

We used to use ball bearings to cut the holes in sheet gasket/greased up fag packets/greased up Frosties packets...
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X