Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf body lift

Hi Guys,

Bit of a newbie but I haven't seen this question asked yet.

If if sticking a lexus 1uzfe into a ifs 2nd gen can you get away with a
    1+1/2" body lift instead of the 2" to relieve some stress on cables etc.??

oh,oh,oh and has anyone tried to do this swap with the thor racing gearbox conversion to keep the manual gearbox???

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Gearbox...rsions-317.asp

It is possible, but you'll have engine to radiator clearance issues. A 2" lift allows the bellhousing to go under the tunnel further.

You can fit the engines with no bodylift, but the sump will need modifying and a custom radiator fitted.

These guys are much cheaper than Thor.......

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Complete-kits_c7.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

These guys are much cheaper than Thor.......

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Complete-kits_c7.htm
      Just a Bit! Thanks Bushwhacker, may need some M/T's to go with that then.

Also I was hoping, how long is your list of conversions and could my lil' ol' surf be added to the end of it??

Comment

You can be first on the list for 2012!

Comment

Sweet! Sounds good. I was worried you would get bored of these swaps, looking through the forums though that's seems unlikely.

Thanks, look forward to 2012

Comment

That said, Bloomin' eck you must have a LOT of work on!

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
              That said, Bloomin' eck you must have a LOT of work on!
              Just started one now then another two before Xmas, in amongst fixing the house up ready to sell, painting and finishing my own (show) truck and our summer 'holiday'.
              Added to the mix now is a 3rd gen that I've got to go and collect on Friday from Anglesey and V8ify it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Just started one now then another two before Xmas, in amongst fixing the house up ready to sell, painting and finishing my own (show) truck and our summer 'holiday'.
                Added to the mix now is a 3rd gen that I've got to go and collect on Friday from Anglesey and V8ify it at some point.
                oh ok... so you've just been sitting back and relaxing then? Mate move mine back a couple of months.

Comment

I'm sure you've been asked this as many times as there are lexurfs, but how long do the conversions take?

I recon you've got a tall order to get that done by christmas, even without the additional work!

It's just quite insane sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X