Lexurf V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf V

Where did you get the digital cluster for this build? Home made? or can they be bought somewhere?

Cheers
    Rick

dakota digital in the us for the speedo/tach and fuel guage.

the rest - flea bay stuff from hong kong.

the dakota stuff all works with the toyota senders.

Comment

Thanks bud

Comment

Dakota Dash info

Picking up on an old thread - which of the dakota dials did you use? been looking at them myself for an upcoming Lexurf (I hope) and can't seem to find something that would fit close enough.....

Any help appreciated !

Cheers
        ------------------------
        Truck? What truck .......

Comment

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
          Picking up on an old thread - which of the dakota dials did you use? been looking at them myself for an upcoming Lexurf (I hope) and can't seem to find something that would fit close enough.....

Any help appreciated !

Cheers
          Hi Simon,
          I think Growler (Lexurf V) wants to go back to standard Surf dials so his Dakota digital gauges might be for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Hi Simon,
            I think Growler (Lexurf V) wants to go back to standard Surf dials so his Dakota digital gauges might be for sale.
            Spot on Vince

Just need to sort out the timing though

Comment

Why back to standard dials?
              ------------------------
              Truck? What truck .......

Comment

Just not my cup of tea and were fitted by previous owner.

I prefer the look of standard dials with white faces

Work fine and have paperwork that was given to me with them.

Comment

sensors

ask vince before you pull out the digital speedo/rev counter - the surf speed sensor on the t/case feeds the digital unit then the signal goes from there to the ecu. the dakota unit converts the surf signal to suit the lexus ecu - the no of pulses are different - thats what runs the truck - if you remove the digital unit you have no speed sensor signal for the ecu. the lexus rotor on the mainshaft of the g/box is not running true and cannot be used to run the truck - i tried.

in the pile of parts i gave you there is a speed sensor in a plastic bag which can be used to run the ecu use the correct no of magnets to give the correct pulse to suit the lexus- its a dakota one that fits on the prop.

cheers - gary - all warm and sunny in thailand

Comment

Cheers Gary.

Already on the case with Vince and taking a run down tomorrow to take him a couple of bits and bobs and have a chat about the changes I'd like him to help with

I'm beggard for doing pretty much anything at present due to my damaged disc, and still no sign of hospital date for op

Comment

Working...
                    X