No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI - flounderbout - Pic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried a few different tailpipe placements now and best I tried was coming out at a 45 degree angle. I have it coming straight out under the bumper now. It's not that bad but every now and then you get a bit of Diesel smoke smell (for me). If you have a window open (No sunroof on this one ) like you say it keeps enough pressure to stop the fumes coming in.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

WOW amazeing dude
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Comment

Ahh it's found a mate! You should be able to make V6 babies!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            Ahh it's found a mate! You should be able to make V6 babies!
            Or a decent fiat 500 replica with four wheel drive capabilities!!!
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

all i can say is wow ! wow !
              it look awesome mate , if i can get my new 3l to look half as good as this

daz

Comment

Well I haven't wanted to tempt fate before, but it looks like Lexurf VI is finally back on the road...
                To cut a long story short the gearbox fried on the way back from South Wales (ATF pump failure leading to various component shreddage) and it has been a bit of a nightmare sourcing and fitting a new (2nd hand) one.
                Anyway, I cannot begin to say how much of a legend Vince has been. The gearbox problem was pure mechanical failure, and nothing at all to do with the work he had done on the conversion, but nevertheless he has been absolutely brilliant getting it sorted out. Working on the truck at 4am twice now - once on the side of the road in Bristol on the way home, and again the other night having made yet another trip up here to fit the new box.
                Totally above and beyond the call of duty, and very much appreciated. Thanks Vince!
                Thanks also Apache for stickers and lights, and Popeye for heater control mods.
                Some updated pics at the start of this thread - almost finished now - new interior arriving from the US shortly, and one or two other minor bits and bobs to finish off, but otherwise almost the finished article. In the meantime Lexurf VI has now started terrorising the Surrrey countryside - it really is a beast. Hindhead tunnel yesterday was quite an experience!!!

Comment

Fantastic Henry and I'm really pleased to hear you's have managed to get Lexurf VI up and running at last
                  Was it 'hairs standing up on back of neck' time when you lit it through that tunnel?

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                    Fantastic Henry and I'm really pleased to hear you's have managed to get Lexurf VI up and running at last
                    Was it 'hairs standing up on back of neck' time when you lit it through that tunnel?
                    I couldn't tell. All sensation ceased apart from the sound...

Comment

Glad thats all sorted
                      When you say "new interior from the US" What does that consist of? Front & rear seats, door cards, dash board, load liner, roof lining, carpet etc etc?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        Glad thats all sorted
                        When you say "new interior from the US" What does that consist of? Front & rear seats, door cards, dash board, load liner, roof lining, carpet etc etc?
                        Leather front and rear seats and door cards.

Comment

good to hear its up and running again henry. same as mine really, everything that broke was nothing to do with vince. 2 old cars blended together will always have initial faults.

looking forward to the leather kit - i'm keen to hear what the qualitys like. they changed from katzkin on mine to the kit you got so i'm guessing its as good if not better.

prepare for skinned knuckles getting the seat covers on - they are fooken tight.
                          just a tip - i cut all the hog rings with heavy side cutters to get them off and used heavy tie wraps to re-fit - makes it a bit easier to get the tension right on the leather with an adjustable tie wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                            good to hear its up and running again henry. same as mine really, everything that broke was nothing to do with vince. 2 old cars blended together will always have initial faults.

looking forward to the leather kit - i'm keen to hear what the qualitys like. they changed from katzkin on mine to the kit you got so i'm guessing its as good if not better.

prepare for skinned knuckles getting the seat covers on - they are fooken tight.
                            just a tip - i cut all the hog rings with heavy side cutters to get them off and used heavy tie wraps to re-fit - makes it a bit easier to get the tension right on the leather with an adjustable tie wrap.

Thanks Gary - I remember you mentiuoning that - was going to tap you for some hints when it arrived. When you say tie wraps, do you mean cable ties like these?

Comment

yep thats the ones - from memory i think i used 200 for the front and back.

theres a how to on the int in video format - thats where i got the zip tie tip.
                              i think i just googled fitting katzkin seat covers. it was my first attempt at an interior and after doing it its fairly straight forward if you take your time.

re use all the wire rods from the original covers - they are different sizes so mark where they come from (i didn't - wasted 2 hours ). you'll see what i mean when you strip the old ones out.

when your'e finished you'll be dead chuffed at the way it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                                Leather front and rear seats and door cards.
                                Nice! Sounds exciting. Have you a photo or a link to the new seats and door cards?
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X