Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ All Lexurf Owners

just making inquiries now....

apart from LS400, and fabrication for truck....

whats is the average cost for the parts and bits and bobs you have installed in your truck...

after this wedding i need a budget to set aside for lexurf....

thanks in advance guys.

not sure - my visa cards been hiding under the bed for weeks and wont come out.

Comment

LS400 - £350 - 750
      Truck - Hopefully nothing - non runners are peanuts anyway
      Vehicle transport to S Wales if nonrunners - £100 - 200 (depending on 1 or both cars)
      Bits and bobs on parts list £250 - 300?? (didn't pay too close attention)
      Vince's time (absurdly underpriced, but don't tell him that until Lexurf VII) - £not enough
      Ignition parts for Lexus and other stuff - £don't know yet.
      5 x 33's - £550 - 600 for new ones, though cheaper if 2nd hand
      Other stuff doubtless hiding in the future - some.

Dump that wedding limo and you'll be nearly there...

Comment

i was £625 for a lexus including delivery to vince.

ive spent around £1300 on all the bits but that includes a new set of 33's and some other bits you don't really need.

i'd say count £1000 on top of vince's fee and if the lexus is trouble free you'll have plenty left for a few tanks of petrol for test drives. that way your budget will be well in no matter what extras you need.

Comment

wedding limo was gonna be lucifer but was working out way tooo expensive,

not on stormy's part mind just fuel and ferries alone was £600.....

so your looking about 300 to 400 for for bits and bobs outside of and welding and cutting....

Comment

Depends how thorough you want to be I guess..you can spend the 3-400 in a breath on servicing the engine..water pump, belts and pulleys, O2 sensors, rotors and dizzy caps + leads & plugs. If you order from the states and do well on shipping and Tax I reckon that's still your £400 gone at least.

Fuel pump, bespoke power steering hose, exhaust, intake pipework, body lift, electric fan/s, oil coolers (engine, trans, p'steering)..more than I can recall.

Then you have materials and time, time to get it all working right..it's mental!!!

Comment

thanks, i was thinking that.... i have the body lift here for 12months already, but i think that is the least of my worries...

Comment

There is a thread on this page Bob. It gives you stuff you need and stuff you can have as extra.
                The ignition parts I would highly reccomend. Coils, leads, plugs, distributor caps and rotor arms etc.

And lots and lots of feckin petrol.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

And lots and lots of feckin petrol.
                  mine needs lots and lots of diesel at the moment so not a big deal

Comment

so when are you going ahead??
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Woah, I've spent thousands on mine!

Full stainless exhaust cost more.. Suprastick transmission controller,

All engine seals, belts, water pump etc were new, from Lexus. I've spend over a grand with Lexus/Toyota. (I replaced all the seals that didn't involve lifting the heads, did the gearbox seals too)

All the fuel/oil filter relocation stuff is billet alloy fittings and stainless braided hose, so that's a couple of hundred more quid, all the pipes are silicone hoses, (Intake and rad), new rad, a hell of a lot on paint/cleaners/consumables (I also repainted and undersealed the entire under body, and chassis).

Also added 2" 4crawler body lift kit, with the bumper brackets, and a transfer box short shifter.

£100ish for Pirtek to make the power steering hoses...

Yes it all could have been done a LOT cheaper, but I'm fussy and like nice toys and shiny bits... and doing things awkwardly, like using a VVTi, and wanting to keep both batteries... that sort of thing!

Oh, the LS400 cost £421.. Not bad for a sub 100k mile '99 VVTi, it had an MOT and drove flawlessly.
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

'Kin 'ell, £100 for a power steering hose???!!!

I only get charged £20 at a hydraulics shop near me, they make them up while I wait.

Belts and seals from Lexus/Toyota dealers are no better quality than the ones off eBay.
                        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 15 September 2013, 23:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                          Suprastick transmission controller
                          Are you running this currently? It's something I am interested in for the future!

Comment

-Yup, Pirtek aren't that cheap... I don't know anywhere else that does it around here... still looking for someone to do the aircon hoses... but they can't/won't bend the aluminium parts of the pipe

I always use OEM parts where I can, I had some horrible horrible experiences with "Blueprint" parts before on supras. I know largely the factory ones may not be better, but at least you can guarantee they’ll fit properly, and I feel better for knowing they are genuine, so from that point of view it’s worth more (to me). It’s a pain in the arse doing projects when you are OCD about it!

Shame the new girl started on the Toyota parts desk just as I finished!

I did draw the line when they wanted £80 for the “FIPG” (um, instant gasket). I bought the equivalent, approved Loctite version for about £7.
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                            X