Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Lexurf VI.
Collapse
X
-
Ooh, very new.Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View PostNo, sorry.
I was being all careful not to damage them on removal and there was no need, they were broken anyway. The weight of the engine was holding them together.
I'm stripping another LS tomorrow, it's a 1996 so the mounts should be in better condition.
Is that a VVT-i then?
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by an1mal_69 View PostHow you getting on Vince? Any nice rubbery engine mounts liberated yet
No, sorry.
I was being all careful not to damage them on removal and there was no need, they were broken anyway. The weight of the engine was holding them together.
I'm stripping another LS tomorrow, it's a 1996 so the mounts should be in better condition.
Leave a comment:
-
How you getting on Vince? Any nice rubbery engine mounts liberated yet
Leave a comment:
-
obviously a well looked after example of the breedOriginally posted by BUSHWHACKER View PostYeah, both sensors will need replacing.
It's the trail of brake fluid it left on my mate's drive that was more worrying!
my previous owner seemed to be limited to black tape as the repair favourite
iv'e ended up replacing nearly every sensor and all the ignition system on the thing so i'm guessing yours will be much the same
.
Leave a comment:
-
My butler's very good with that sort of thing...Originally posted by biosurf View PostMust be a Surrey thing...

Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by flounderbout View PostPS I seem to remember when I ran the diagnostics that I got codes for both oxygen sensors R and L...
Did you enjoy the state of the metal on metal rear brakes!
Yeah, both sensors will need replacing.
It's the trail of brake fluid it left on my mate's drive that was more worrying!
Leave a comment:
-
I don't think it was wee...Originally posted by gwh200 View PostNow calm down dear, don't forget...newspaper in the corner, for weeing on.
Leave a comment:
-
Now calm down dear, don't forget...newspaper in the corner, for weeing on.
Leave a comment:
-
PS I seem to remember when I ran the diagnostics that I got codes for both oxygen sensors R and L...
Did you enjoy the state of the metal on metal rear brakes!
Leave a comment:
-
And it begins! Happy days! And I think you are probably allowed Sundays off Vince...Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View PostNot much to report other than I've carried out a diagnostics on the engine and apart from it being mingin', it's still using the original plugs and leads, so it's safe to assume the original timing belt too!
Oh and it's a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) LS400, which basically means it's got everything on the factory options list fitted.
It's a Celsior officially, but badged as a LS400, hence the Toyota badge on the engine instead of Lexus..
Scanner picked up a knackered O2 sensor and it failed the emmisions test!
Wanted to pull the engine out today but we've had visitors here most of the day.
I reckon that as regards the Lexus/Celsior/Toyota lump it has a) been a minicab, and b) never seen the inside of a garage. So I reckon if there is any doubt at all it is worth replacing stuff. Better to spend a bit extra now for peace of mind - it is a long way to South Wales, and my capabilities with a spanner are pretty much limited to being a spanner....
Just let me know how best to do it - I can either transfer funds to you and you can order them direct, or if you let me know exactly what I need I can order it (although our track record in that department has been prettty average - my fault I'm sure!!!).
Very excited that we are underway - let the Professor magic commence!!!
Leave a comment:
-
Celsurf ?Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View PostIt can be considered a Lexurf but not a Lexsurf.
Sursior ?
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: