yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flounderbout
    replied
    Vince, this looks absolutely perfect. Just what I imagined - I love it. Thanks!



    Some bad news for you though... You have just ratcheted my excitement level up another notch or three. Expect severe impatience re more photos!!!

    Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
    i would rather turn the big scoop around , get rid of some hot air
    This argument has been done to death on another thread. For me there are three completely decisive points.

    1) Vince reckons it works, which is absolutely good enough for me.
    2) With the scoop "backwards", I think it looks gash. This is only my opinion.
    3) This looks absolutely f%&Ģing awesome. Again, this is only my opinion. But it has the benefit of being self-evidently right

    Others who disagree should feel completely free to do something different on their truck.

    Vince the more I look at them the less I think the Subaru side vents work. I am trying to find something suitable, and will let you know if I have any joy. I reckon long rectangular vents in the areas to the R and L of the scoop... Does that fit with the stiffening sections under the bonnet? What do you reckon to those LR type vents you suggested a while back, or ones like on Lexurf IV?

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied





    With the scoop in that position, airflow is directed down the back of the engine and over the transmission when moving, but allows hot air to escape when stationary.

    Same set-up as the 7th gen Celicas.

    Leave a comment:


  • lord lucan
    replied
    i would rather turn the big scoop around , get rid of some hot air

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    They should sit flush over the bump as I flipped them over and swapped sides to make sure the profile was the same, but the Surf's bonnet 'bulge' isn't even i.e. the sides of the bulge taper so I'm not 100% sure that the vents will sit flush. Besides, if I bolt the two halves of the vents together,(as they are when fitted to the Scooby) they won't be able to do much venting. I think they must be the equivalent of a gold medalion for the Subaru, don't do much other than show off.
    Thinking about it, Aston style vents will work/look much better.
    I'll fit the scoop for now though and let you have a ponder.
    Cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Do you think those vents will look alright going over the bonnet bump Vince? It is hard to tell from the photo because they sit a bit proud and the tape distorts the effect. You are the one looking at the real thing, so I am happy to let you decide. If you think they will look good, fine by me.
    If you think they might not look great, then I am happy to get some alternative vents that can go in the usual position nearer the bonnet sides (after all it was only 20 quid for the scoop and vents combined).
    The scoop position is perfect. And it is ever so shiny...
    They should sit flush over the bump as I flipped them over and swapped sides to make sure the profile was the same, but the Surf's bonnet 'bulge' isn't even i.e. the sides of the bulge taper so I'm not 100% sure that the vents will sit flush. Besides, if I bolt the two halves of the vents together,(as they are when fitted to the Scooby) they won't be able to do much venting. I think they must be the equivalent of a gold medalion for the Subaru, don't do much other than show off.
    Thinking about it, Aston style vents will work/look much better.
    I'll fit the scoop for now though and let you have a ponder.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by wuzie123 View Post
    what scoop is that in the middle?
    It's from a Subaru Impreza GC8 Sti

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Do you think those vents will look alright going over the bonnet bump Vince? It is hard to tell from the photo because they sit a bit proud and the tape distorts the effect. You are the one looking at the real thing, so I am happy to let you decide. If you think they will look good, fine by me.
    If you think they might not look great, then I am happy to get some alternative vents that can go in the usual position nearer the bonnet sides (after all it was only 20 quid for the scoop and vents combined).
    The scoop position is perfect. And it is ever so shiny...

    Leave a comment:


  • wuzie123
    replied
    what scoop is that in the middle? also how much work underneath is needed?

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Looks good to me boss...
    In fact it looks awesome!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Thought I'd better check.......




    is the positioning OK Henry? The small vents are stepped so they have to go there anyway, but there's room for maneuver re: the scoop.
    Didn't want to start cutting big holes in your bonnet unless you were happy.
    If you could give me a yay or nay within the next ten minutes that would be great!

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    If you type thread hijackers into an IPhone, it suggests thread jihadists! You terrorists you...

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma Supra
    replied
    Yes as per my above post!

    Leave a comment:


  • MrE
    replied
    Had a look at the Rod shop stuff, but it starts to get a bit expensive when you start adding all the bits up What do you think of this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Toyota/Clutches/auction-369821401.htm
    Has anyone ordered anything from them?

    Mark....

    Leave a comment:


  • Karma Supra
    replied
    If you are after a manual box, Castlemain hot rods (aus company but they ship) do a 1UZ -> R154 (supra turbo gearbox) belhousing and flywheel kit.

    We used one of these when building a V8 supra

    That said if the stock auto box is too big........

    Leave a comment:


  • MrE
    replied
    Thanks Vince,
    Just bought a LS400 on e-bay, thats the easy bit done now to decide and order which adapter plate, flywheel and cluch, then make a new sump, surge tank, engine mounts.........

    Mark...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X