No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that is simply beautiful Vince - it just looks so right, with the simple less is more working to full effect..

i know i'm going to regret selling my lexus and not doing the conversion, but needs must...

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Thanks, so you're happy then?

By the way, it doesn't have traction control because you need ABS for it to work which the 2nd gen doesn't have, thats why there appears to be a bit missing under the T R C cover. Do you want the sticker removed?
      Happy? That doesn't really do it justice . I am somewhere a couple of miles over the moon...

I was wondering about the Traction Control... Does it just have the receipt for those 33s under there?

I like it with the sticker on. The white writing everywhere really sets it all off perfectly...

There is one problem with all of this underbonnet magnificence - I am going to have to get the interior redone in black and silver too...

Comment

• Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        Happy? That doesn't really do it justice . I am somewhere a couple of miles over the moon...

I was wondering about the Traction Control... Does it just have the receipt for those 33s under there?

I like it with the sticker on. The white writing everywhere really sets it all off perfectly...

There is one problem with all of this underbonnet magnificence - I am going to have to get the interior redone in black and silver too...

hehehe!! You definitely need to get the driver's seat recovered as it has the usual split bolster.
        I hand painted the white 1UZFE and DIAGNOSIS last night as I thought it would break up all the black.

I've done the A.D.D. delete mod as well by the way which cleans up the engine compartment, no VSVs rubber pipes and that extra vacuum tank.

Can't wait for those vents to arrive now!

Comment

hehehe!! You definitely need to get the driver's seat recovered as it has the usual split bolster.
          I know
          Would these fit?

Comment

I hand painted the white 1UZFE and DIAGNOSIS last night as I thought it would break up all the black.
            Your taste Sir, is impeccable!

Comment

• Or I'm watching these on FleaBay, but not sure what the dimensions are

Comment

• I'm sure Subaru or MK7 Celica seats are a reasonably easy swap. If they aren't, someone will gently put me right
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  I'm sure Subaru or MK7 Celica seats are a reasonably easy swap. If they aren't, someone will gently put me right
                  I'm sure you are right. There have been various threads about seats which mention them (I think from the Prof himself). I am just wondering if I am going to have to spend some readies on seats whether I mightn't as well go for something shiny and new... Nothing as sparkling as the engine of course..!

Comment

Or I'm watching these on FleaBay, but not sure what the dimensions are

Lexurf II has that type and they are too wide IMO, the shoulder 'wings' rub on the door pillars and you have to drape the seatbelt over them because you can't get at the belts otherwise. Plus they don't recline very well if I remember.

Comment

I know
                      Would these fit?

Those would fit, but because your truck is now lifted, the sides of the seats are hard and make it difficult to get in and out without either hitting your head on the door frame or parting your cheeks!

Comment

Those would fit, but because your truck is now lifted, the sides of the seats are hard and make it difficult to get in and out without either hitting your head on the door frame or parting your cheeks!
                        That solves that then - I part my cheeks for no man!
                        I find the standard seats really comfortable. So I think I will just get them re-covered.

Comment

I'm sure you are right. There have been various threads about seats which mention them (I think from the Prof himself). I am just wondering if I am going to have to spend some readies on seats whether I mightn't as well go for something shiny and new... Nothing as sparkling as the engine of course..!
                          Danv6saxo, over on hilux owners has/had some recaros from a mitsy Evo which he claims fit. They'd look sweet, clean..lol

Linky
                          Last edited by an1mal_69; 13 May 2011, 09:14. Reason: added link

Comment

• and it looks liek my Recaro's have sold minus the runners, so I may have a cheap pair of surf - recaro runners available if it'll help you out...

Comment

• Thanks for that fellas. Will weigh up the various options...

Comment

• This seems the best position, allowing the flow of the curves to tie-in with the Surf's bonnet bulge and the scoop.

OK? before I get the jigsaw out.

Comment

Working...
                                X