heating issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating issue

refitted the expansion bottle infront of the passenger side battery to the overflow pipe on the top hose. will keep an eye on the level of coolant in the expansion bottle and hopefully it should expand in the bottle and sypher back in to engine till it finds its level.

the engine runs hotter on LPG i think so think the LS400 radiator vince mod may have to be fitted to overcome this but this is the 1st step to try and overcome this problem! it is only when i go off roading and over after a prolonged stint were there is limited air movement
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

I don't have any over heating issues but loose coolant from the overflow pipe would be good to see if refitting the expansion bottle solves that problem keep it posted! what is the ls400 radiator mod?

Comment

header tank

heres what i did to lexurf V - a header tank and an expansion tank, it gives you a self bleeding system and around 2l of extra coolant in the system.
      an expansion tank on its own will help but its better with a header tank as well with a bleed from the bulkhead heater hose and a return to the bottom of the radiator.
      where they are fitted leaves the filler the highest point in the system so no air can be trapped.

it never gets hot even stuck in traffic but i have seperate oil coolers leaving the radiator just cooling the water system.
      Attached Files

Comment

that looks good gary is that stainless steel cylinder from CB parts? i was looking at that. i have fitted the original surf expansion bottle back and filled it half full and checked it today and there is nothing in it so the engine must still not have enough in as its syphered it back in the engine through the cap so i have topped it up again! will keep checking it should find its level eventually hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
          that looks good gary is that stainless steel cylinder from CB parts? i was looking at that. i have fitted the original surf expansion bottle back and filled it half full and checked it today and there is nothing in it so the engine must still not have enough in as its syphered it back in the engine through the cap so i have topped it up again! will keep checking it should find its level eventually hopefully!
          its an alloy header tank i had left over from my last build - i made a few of them a few years ago. i just copied demon tweeks ones at the time but i think you can buy similar ones now on flea bay for about £60.

if your expansion bottle doesn't cure the overheating offroad a header tank in the system will. it cured my gt40 on track days. the extra 2 litres of coolant helps a lot and i'm guessing but the lexus cooling system probably holds more coolant than a surf running a 3.0l radiator.

mines still on a 2.4 radiator and i've been stuck in rush hour here for over an hour with no temperature problems

Comment

gave the truck a good session today off roading lots of time in low box and not a problem over heating and was running on LPG all day too! think having the expansion bottle to overflow into and then sypher back in keeps it level and air free!

Comment

Working...
            X