Has anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone...

Has anyone swapped a 2.4 with the bigger 3.0 in a 2nd gen? I have a one of the rare manual ones so would the 3.0 from an auto truck mate up with my gearbox, would the gear ratio be ok, would I need a new clutch/fly wheel and and basically is it actually possible?

As I rely on my truck every day I don't want to rip it all apart to find it won't fit. I've got the use of a work shop and my dad's a mechanic so no problem there. Thanks!

Matt

if you fitted a the non-EFI 4Runner 3.0 it'd probably be a lot easier that a Surf motor, as you wouldn't need a Manual Surf ECU and all the wiring under the dash and bonnet.

Gearboxes are the same, you'd need the bellhousing and clutch off the 3.0 to obviously.

Diff gears maybe a little low, but not to bad, just put a set of 33's on it.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Matt if your talking about Niks 3ltr then I think he's offering it with the loom too as it's comming out for the v8 transplant not sure on this transplant stuff myself but worth checking out.

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Yup, would be everything you need; engine, ecu, wiring loom, fuel/vac/breather/coolant pipes, turbo, exhaust, manifolds, auto box & control unit..the full monty.

If you and/or your old man give me a hand pulling it out, you'll have a better idea of what's involved with swapping.

Comment

Working...
        X