yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 1UZ Gen3 build coming up, help and advice greatly accepted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 1UZ Gen3 build coming up, help and advice greatly accepted!

This is my first post for a long long time, about 18 years since I had my first Gen 2 and 15 since my Gen 3.
    Last Friday night/Saturday morning I bought a 1UZ, alcohol may well have been involved lol. Not having anything to put it in I have been looking for ideas, Hilux pickup or Surf. I have found a 1998 Gen3, 2.7 petrol auto that seems to fit the bill.
    I have been looking at the gearbox, it seems this petrol Surf has an A343F box which I believe is the same box as the Lexus 30-42LE but with the transfer box on the end? Is this correct and if so can I simply bolt the Lexus bell housing to the Surf gearbox?
    Any other help or advice anyone can give would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm going to have plenty questions that need answeringClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2767.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	1296383.
    [center][color=red]1994 3.0 TD Runner[/color][/center][center]I only get it dirty so I can clean it again [/center]

Looking good Andy! I’m starting my transplant too, so hopefully we can help each other along the way. Sadly the forum doesn’t seem as busy as it used to be, but a load of info is still on here.

As far as I know, most opt to use the Lexus box as it utilises the ecu, so no faffing around there apart from modifying the output shaft to attach the transfer box.

However, I’m not that far in myself. So haven’t read too much on that yet.

Comment

Hi, just had a quick browse of the forum and you're right, its not as busy as it used to be. I got some bad news today, my Gen3 turned out that it is now unavailable, I'm disappointed but not surprised as it seemed cheap at £1995.
      So I will now start looking again, I could really do with a pickup though, it would be more practical living on a farm.
      I have read a little further and you are right I think, although it is essentially the same box it is controlled differently apparently so that is why they put the transfer box on the back of the Lexus box.
      I'll let you know how I get on, good luck with your conversion.
      [center][color=red]1994 3.0 TD Runner[/color][/center][center]I only get it dirty so I can clean it again [/center]

Comment

Working...
      X