Clicking noise from under seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking noise from under seat

I have been experiencing an intermittent clicking noise which I have traced to something under the drivers' side seat. It sounds like an electrical relay chattering on and off very rapidly, raising the possibility of a bad connection somewhere. Under the seat there is a small black box (which is apparently the central locking module), which I thought was the problem, but the sound is NOT coming from this. Instead it seems it's coming from a fan-like object mounted in the floor right under the driver's seat. There are lots of wires etc under here too. Is this thing the fuel pump? (Have I knackered it out by using biodiesel?!)

Baw

It's the fan for the rear heater, have a look and see if anything has fallen in there, or could be something touching the blade.

Comment

Crickets

Originally posted by baw
      I have been experiencing an intermittent clicking noise which I have traced to something under the drivers' side seat. It sounds like an electrical relay chattering on and off very rapidly, raising the possibility of a bad connection somewhere. Under the seat there is a small black box (which is apparently the central locking module), which I thought was the problem, but the sound is NOT coming from this. Instead it seems it's coming from a fan-like object mounted in the floor right under the driver's seat. There are lots of wires etc under here too. Is this thing the fuel pump? (Have I knackered it out by using biodiesel?!)

Baw
      Have you done a cricket check ?

Comment

Working...
      X