looking to purchase a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to purchase a surf

Can any one please give me some advise.I am looking to purchase a surf and thinking of going for the 3.0td intercooled auto.The advise i am looking for is is there much differance between the intercooled model and the not intercooled model also are autos as good off road as manuals as i have only driven landrovers off road as i am in the army.

Andy, I think you'll find most of those on here who regularly go offroad are using auto's and they never sem to have too much trouble. Not sure about the intercooler though, although that's only an option of a 3rd Gen post 96 Surf.
    Mike G

Comment

thanks

Thanks for that info as most of the surfs i have looked at are autos,i see you are from the same area as myself is there any dealers inthe area.

Comment

Originally posted by andy s
        Can any one please give me some advise.I am looking to purchase a surf and thinking of going for the 3.0td intercooled auto.The advise i am looking for is is there much differance between the intercooled model and the not intercooled model also are autos as good off road as manuals as i have only driven landrovers off road as i am in the army.

The 3rd gens[intercooled] apart from cooler air in the system are designed more like your estate [ie hatchback as opposed to a tailgate that lowers] and I believe they have a locking diff built into the system?

I offroad with a 2nd Gen 3.0ltr auto and have a great time with the only problem is sometimes you want the gearing to shift but need to kick-it to get this to happen from the revs.
        Gaz

Comment

Working...
        X