gearbox issues ( wont pull away )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox issues ( wont pull away )

Hi there, haven't posted for ages which is a good sign but now I need someone's help.The auto box on my KZN185 is really struggling to accelerate from 0 mph. it feels like clutch slip and once moving all aspects of acceleration and gear changing work fine.Oil level and condition are spot on and now the O/D light has started flashing.

If anyone can give me some advise on any similar problems that would be great.

Thx in advance ,Mark.

It sounds exactly like the problem i had, you need to pull the OD codes by bridging TE1 and E1 in the disgnostic port with a paperclip, then turn ignition key on and count how many times the OD light flashes. With me it was the n1 solenoid at the bottom of the autobox that was faulty, i think it was code 24.

Cheers

Comment

Thx for your reply. Was the problem you had a relatively easy fix or a major job ?

Mark

Comment

It involves draining the ATF through the sump plug, then dropping the pan. Once you have located and replaced the solenoid you put it all back together with gasket sealant,let it dry before refilling with new ATF. Its a good chance to clean the mesh with some petrol and to replace about 5L of ATF.
        From you describe your symptoms it sounds exactly like mine.

Comment

I have just checked my old post, the OD code was 62 ( six flashes, then two flashes, then pause, then repeat of the same 6/2 pattern).

Part number is 85420-21090

Good luck

Comment

Thx again. Seems like a good place to start.

Comment

No probs, but do the paperclip test first, only takes two mins.

Then you will know for sure.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X