Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama Geolander AT/S Tyres

Evening guys n gals,

I have just replaced my GT Radials AT, which I was very happy with, for a set of Yokohama Geolander AT/S 265/75/16 and wondered if anyone had recommendations on the pressure I should use. The shop put 45psi in, which I thought was well high, but according to a U.S page I found they should be at 65psi!!!!
    I have always run my other cars and tyres at around 30/32 front 32/34 rear and that's served me well I guess. But I don't want to under-inflate if they do indeed need to be at 45+

I'd also say that so far so good with the Yokos, good road grip and quiet, good traction on lose stones, gravel & sand and very responsive.

All suggestions welcome!

45psi sounds very high but I don't know the tyres.
    I run my GG AT 275/70/16 tyres at 32psi all round. They wear evenly and the truck handles well. I would have thought that 45psi would make the centre of the tread wear quickly.
    Mark

Comment

I agree, it does sound very high. I've never known a road car to have that kind of psi, but who knows, times change!

I think I will drop down though to 32 - 35 as it's always served me well, but if anyone else knows better for these tyres then don't be shy

Comment

Google the 4PSI rule.

Nev.

Comment

Cheers, will give that a go.

Comment

I've had Yokohama Geolander's on mine for a few years now and all ways run at around 33psi, they say on the tyre 51psi maximum pressure.

Comment

Going to give the 4psi jobbie a go, but on the whole 30/32 or 32/34 has served me well over the years. I normally put a little more in the rear as my motor's always full of crap!

Comment

I run mine at 40psi and get about 30mpg on the motorway, which is good imho as I am making "Good progress" in the early mornings. Never had any issues with uneven wear. Have run this pressure in Grabbers, Nokians and Michelins, all 265/70/16.
                Last edited by J i m s t e r; 25 April 2016, 12:50.
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I don't know if the psi makes any difference on tyre size? When I transferred my Surf to Spanish plates I had to get a vehicle inspection done beforehand, so I put 265/75/16 on to help with the rough terrain where I live. I would imagine that psi is psi, so tyre size is irrelevant. Could be well and truly wrong though!

Comment

What does it say on the tyre itself.

Comment

No PSI relative to daily driving, only max PSI pressure test, 65PSI on my size.

Comment

I've got a set of Geolanders on my 3rd gen and have run them at 32-35 all round for about 3 years now with perfectly even wear across all of the tyres.
                        Very good tyre in my opinion, quite, not too expensive, last well, grip well and of course look good!

Comment

Working...
                        X