cam timing belt warning light reset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam timing belt warning light reset.

When the timing belt needs replacing the light comes on and is reset i believe via a button on the dash through the plastic fascia, but what do you do when you've replaced the belt (put a new cylinder head on so put new belts on aswell.) when the light hasn't come on, can you still push the button and will it reset for the correct mileage.
    Also with a new head/head gasket, do you need to torque it down again after so many miles, i've only ever worked on bike engines before and this has always been the norm with a new head gasket.

ebay cylinder head

Hi Baldrick,how is your new head performing?I am looking for a new head for my KZN185 and have seen these and ones for sale by Immadfish on ebay too,judging by the pictures they seem to be the same advert,maybe same guy.Funds being on the low side at the moment I obviously need to do the job as cheaply as possible but only want to have to do it the once and this is why I am askung about the quality of these heads,hope it is doing a good job for ,Tom.

Comment

Only had my truck back a week and not used it since so far too early to tell if there's any problems but my mechanic gave it a good run about before i got it back and he couldn't see any problems. I was a bit ####ed off with my purchase on ebay because i could've got the same head for £35 less if i'd noticed it, there's several sellers all with similar pictures and layouts but if you check their contact details at the bottom of the page they all have the same address in london.

Comment

Thanks for the info Baldrick , glad to hear your Surf is back up and running,Tom.

Comment

Working...
        X