Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler from MR2 turbo

Hi, I'm after a bit of guidance please:

I have the original intercooler from my 1994 mr2 turbo lurking in the shed and just thought about whether it would be wise to fit to my gen 3 3.0 diesel surf?

Aside from physical fitting issues (ill tackle that in person), is there any reason not to fit it?

The mr2 was 240 bhp out if the factory but the intercooler is a woeful little thing, would there be any considerations regarding size?

Lastly, I presume just plumbing it in after the turbo and before the intake into the engine is all that's required? Would there be any concerns, fuelling issues etc or would it all be beneficial from that point of view?

Thanks
    Alex

I do not know what issues you may raise, but just for information the intercooler on my 3ltr sits flat on top of the engine aprox 12" x 16" (not measured) x about 1 1/2" the turbo output comes up from the depths on the right of the engine through the ic into the engine on the top left. Orientation is from the drivers seat ie left/right, the pipe from the turbo is aprox 2" could be 2 1/2" pipe from the ic is a plastic right angle elbow about the same diameter, air comes in through a large bonnet vent so useful cooling is only obtained when the truck is moving. You may well already know this but thought I would post it anyway.

Comment

Yeah, thank you. I had spotted most of that from an initial explore.

Point taken about the vent, if I go ahead ill need to consider what kind of vent and be brave with the angle grinder - unless I can find a second hand light blue bonnet...

Comment

Working...
      X