No announcement yet.

Irregular cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, ECU back from the ECU Doctor today for a total of £262.

Plugged back in to the truck and all seems to be well.

Apparently the ignition circuit and one other (I forget) were broken and needed repair. This would tally up with the truck cutting out.

If the truck continues to work in a week then I think we are home and dry. I shall confirm either way in case this proves useful for others in the future.

Cheers
    Alex

Comment

there you go!, as I have said, the same thing happened to me. AA said it was the fuel filter, garage said it was the fuel pump etc. At least you now have a years warranty on it, by the way, it took me a while to trust the truck to start in the morning. but its fine now, (touch wood). I hope all goes well for you now.arh

Comment

Originally posted by arh View Post
        there you go!, as I have said, the same thing happened to me. AA said it was the fuel filter, garage said it was the fuel pump etc. At least you now have a years warranty on it, by the way, it took me a while to trust the truck to start in the morning. but its fine now, (touch wood). I hope all goes well for you now.arh
        Yeah, spot on mate. Fuel filter did need swapping (but I could have done it for less than the garage charged....oh well) and both AA and garage put it down to either fuel filter or pump too.

I hope it'll far outlive the 12 month warranty given that the original ECU made it 19 years!

Here's to a long and happy future now that the cause has "hopefully" been rectified.

Comment

Hopefully my final update:

It's been over a week and 1,000 miles and she still works!

I hope this potentially can help someone else with similar issues - ECU Doctor were excellent.

Alex

Comment

Working...
          X